Part 29 - Interference

"Do you mean to tell me that you have nothing to do with that?" Natasha asks accusingly as she points her knife at Loki.

Loki scoffs as he holds out his arms exasperatedly.  "Do I look like I had something to do with that?  I have no fucking clue what just happened!  All that I know is that Scarlett died, then she somehow wasn't dead, then she told me I have to surrender my army to SHIELD and proceeded to fight me with these insane superpowers that she somehow acquired while she was fake-dead.  I'm going to be quite honest; I am completely and entirely lost."

Natasha shakes her head in confusion.  "You lost me at surrendering your army to SHIELD."  She quickly turns to me.  "What's happening?"

"Maybe if you had picked up a phone before coming in here guns blazing, you would know," I sigh.

"Oh, and did I add on that you somehow had a costume change in the span of five seconds?" Loki asks sarcastically.  "Is anybody else seeing this or am I losing my goddamn mind?"

"You're seeing something alright," Natasha states.  "But I couldn't tell you what the hell it is."

"Okay, not to be an attention whore or anything, but would you both shut up and let the person who just acquired superpowers and a new costume explain herself?" I interrupt.

"Might be a good idea," Loki shrugs.

I roll my eyes.  "Okay, you two listen up because I will not be repeating myself."  With that, I do my best to give them a three-minute-long rundown of everything I went through in the past few days.  I explain faking my death, training with the Ancient One, our plan to defeat Hydra, and my almost-dying reversed by the time stone.

"And, now is time for your one-minute-long question period because we're running short on time," I finish as I check my watch.  We have less than an hour until Hydra should be attacking.

"So... you're saying that Romanoff was the one to stab you?" Loki questions.

"At least I did it by accident," Natasha retorts.  "Last time I checked, you kidnapped Scarlett and forced her to work for you by your own will."

"Guys, I really don't have time for you two to fight.  I love the both of you, and no matter how much you hate each other, nothing's going to change that.  Now will you stop making me act like a goddamn mother and just form a little alliance?" I ask.

Loki rolls his eyes.  "I suppose a little agreement with Romanoff just for purposes of easing your worries would not be the worst thing in the world."

We both turn to Natasha expectantly.  "Okay," she crosses her arms, glaring at Loki.  "But the minute that Fury retracts this little protection over you, all bets are off."

"Natasha..." I warn.

She sighs defeatedly.  "Okay, fine, I won't kill this terrorist.  Happy now?"

"You know, this terrorist has feelings too," Loki quips.

"I swear to god, now is not the time," I mutter.  Before I can further complain, my phone starts ringing.  I quickly pull it from my pocket and answer it.  "Yes?" I ask, not bothering to mask my annoyance.

"We have a certain party interested in killing Loki," Fury's voice states from the other end of the phone.  "I'm going to send you coordinates, and you're to get Loki there so he can wait out the threat safely."

"What party is this?" I question.

Fury sighs.  "A certain Avenger who just got back from his retreat in his Malibu house and was not a fan of the idea of keeping Loki alive.  This said Avenger has some emotional trauma from the attack on New York that he was planning to heal through killing Loki."