Part 18 - Hydra

"Who the hell are these people?" I question as we arrive in the lobby to see people dressed in all-black with face coverings fighting all of Loki's soldiers.

Loki shakes his head. "No idea. I haven't seen anything like them before, and they most certainly aren't SHIELD agents-"

"Wait a damn minute," I mutter as I catch sight of a logo on one of the men's bulletproof vests. It's a somewhat sinister-looking octopus with a skull where its face should be, and I almost immediately recognize it. "I've seen that logo before," I mutter as I motion to the man's bulletproof vest.

Loki furrows his brow. "The octopus?"

I nod. "I can't remember what from, but it definitely gives me a bad vibe. I don't know why, but I'm guessing it's for a good reason."

"Well, no shit," he scoffs. "They're currently in the middle of trying to overthrow me!"

"Loki, you're not exactly the good guy in this situation," I scoff. "Normally, I would expect that anybody attacking you is the good guy."

"So why do you not think they're good?" he questions.

I hear one of the men shout in German and widen my eyes as the answer comes to mind. "Hydra! They're from Hydra!"

"Hydra? Who the hell is Hydra?"

"A secret Nazi society from World War 2," I explain quickly. "I didn't think they existed anymore, but that is most certainly their symbol."

"Now, I'm not up to date on Midgardian history, but I'm pretty sure that World War 2 was a long time ago."

I nod. "About 60 or 70 years ago. I don't know what the fuck they're doing here."

Loki grabs my arm and pulls me to the side as a bullet flies past me. "Yes, but unfortunately, that matter is going to go on the back burner until we've solidified that we're not dying right now."

"No shit," I scoff as two men run at us with knives. I pull out my sword and quickly kick the nearest one back as I turn to Loki. "Tell me, why would a Nazi organization be interested in your affairs?"

He stabs the other man then shrugs. "Ask them."

I roll my eyes and quickly slice off the arm holding the knife of the man who I just kicked back. "Now, I'm giving you two options," I state as he shouts in pain. "Tell me what Hydra is doing here, or I'll cut off your other arm."

"I will never tell," he shakes his head, somehow managing to ignore his pain.

I shrug nonchalantly. "Very well then." I quickly slice off his other arm.

"You really just went for that," Loki remarks as the man yells in pain again.

"I'm a woman of my word." I turn to the man. "Next is your head," I threaten as I line my sword up with his throat.

"You cut one head off, two more rise in its place," he states.

"Hydra," I muse. "Ah, like the mythical creature. Not going to lie, that's quite clever." I swiftly bring my sword back before slicing his head off.

"I have the feeling you're not going to be getting any answers out of them," Loki inputs.

"You think?" I scoff.  "That one would've rather been decapitated than give me answers!"

I pull my gun out from my belt and turn to shoot at some of the Hydra agents. "Hey..." Loki starts. "You wouldn't happen to have any extra guns, would you?"

I send him a glare. "Please tell me you're joking."

"Okay, Asgardians don't do guns!" he exclaims defensively.