a/n

hey! looks like you've stumbled upon my latest sapphic novella project :))

i had so much fun writing this one, and i'm pretty sure i wrote it in record time for me (about 20k words in exactly 7 days!!)

an important note- i have neither attempted nor intended to glorify or romanticize issues that people face/negative biases! the opinions of characters in this story are not necessarily my own, especially those regarding sexuality, identity, race, and other unchangeable aspects of a person. i am queer, and a person of color, and i in no way mean to offend anyone about their own gender, sexuality, or ethnicity!

here's the extended synopsis:

Noor & Zafira
The morning that Zafira showed up at Loxton was the worst day of Noor's life. Fine, that might have been a bit dramatic. The worst day of Noor's life was actually the day that her favorite donut shop ran out of chocolate glazed. But Zafira's untimely appearance made for a close second. Up until then, Noor had been the best. The best at school, the best at violin, the best at speech and debate. But Zafira, who seemed to be a slightly paler, longer-haired, grumpier carbon copy of Noor, was better. She was better at school, better at violin, and better at speech and debate. Noor, it was safe to say, did not appreciate this. And so she loathed Zafira in secret. Okay, maybe not so much in secret. The entire school knew about this rivalry. Noor hated Zafira and Zafira hated Noor. It was a fact of life, like the sun rising in the East and setting in the West. It was as simple as two plus two or three plus three. It was unchangeable and unalterable, like the laws of gravity. Noor hated Zafira and Zafira hated Noor. Until one day, they didn't anymore.

<3

enjoy!