3 // noor loves rain

The rain had just barely started coming down when Noor had thought to go back home. She had been sitting, previously, with her friends in their dorm. They were passing around a bottle of something that was supposedly apple cider but tasted a bit stronger than that. Noor had pulled on her beanie and thrown her scarf about her neck and rushed out into the rain. Of course, at that point, it had started coming down harder. So what was there to do but to enjoy it? She would get swept away in this rain, she was determined to do so.

Noor let out a yelp of pure exhilaration as she flew across the cobblestones that made up one of Loxton's many campus squares. A metal statue of a horse stood in the middle of the little square. After glancing around to make sure no teachers were in sight, Noor heaved herself up onto the animal and whooped. She swung her scarf in the air like a cowboy from a film about the wild west.

When she got back to the dorm, she resolved to share this joyous experience with Zafira. Only Zafira was not there when she opened the door. Noor stepped inside. The air smelled of sandalwood and cologne - a byproduct of Zafira's skincare obsession and Vincent's addiction to expensive things that he did not need. Noor took a shower and put on dry clothes, then sat down on her bed, pulling a folder of schoolwork towards her, and waited.

It took several hours for Zafira to return, and when she did, it was with red lips and bright eyes. Noor felt the familiar burn of jealousy in her chest. Zafira had, of course, managed to snag the most beautiful boy on campus. He and Noor sang together in the school choir, and he was great company too. Noor might even call them, hesitantly, friends. She might've even been romantically interested in Vincent if she had given it some time. But Zafira had obviously gotten to him first. That bitch.

"Where've you been?" Noor asked, though it was obvious and she already knew.

Zafira gave an imperious sniff. "I don't owe you my whereabouts."

"Out with Vincent, huh?" Noor drawled, standing up and giving a little stretch. Zafira would've looked much better stretching like that, Noor thought. Zafira was catlike and graceful. Noor had bubbliness and consistent charm on her side, though.

"What's it to you?" Zafira snapped.

"No need to get defensive," Noor grinned. She leaned against a small chest of drawers that stood against the wall the door was on. "Did you get some?"

Zafira rolled her eyes. "Vincent and I are just friends at the moment."

"And who's idea is that?" Noor asked.

"Mine," Zafira replied, setting down her coat on a chair and heading into the bathroom.

"If you aren't making the most of Vincent as your boyfriend, then you can certainly pass him along to me," Noor suggested.

Zafira returned, clad in pajamas, and fixed Noor with a withering stare as she crawled into her bed. "He's not my boyfriend. I didn't know you were so interested in him."

Noor shrugged. "I'm not. But I know how to have a good time. Tell Vincent to call me if he ever wants a fun night with someone whose panties aren't all in a bunch."

Zafira's lips took on a sardonic smile. "I don't wear panties, Noor." Oh my. That put images in Noor's head that she had not asked for. "Now good night." Zafira reached for the switch next to her headboard and flicked the lights off.

---

noor is a pluviophile ? did i get it right ?

also i feel like "zafira in not-panties" is an image that noor most certainly wanted to see, asked for or not