15 // noor loves parties

Noor loved parties. So when Vincent brought a group of rowdy, soaked boys over while Noor and Quentin were slow-dancing in the dorm, Noor was willing to excuse it. Noor loved parties. She did not, however, love being kicked out of parties, which she was when the partygoers realized she was the only girl there. She trudged through the rain with only the burn of annoyance in her chest to keep her warm.

Zafira was sitting on her bed, snapping at someone through the phone in her hand. She glanced up when Noor came in, cheeks pinking a little. Interesting, Noor thought to herself. Zafira must be on the phone with someone special. Noor resisted the urge to wiggle her eyebrows at the girl and instead went into the bathroom for a hot shower. When she returned, Zafira was off the phone.

"Hi," Zafira said.

"Hi," Noor replied warily. They hadn't been civil to each other in days.

Zafira swallowed, looking down at her hands. "I'm sorry for acting so childish as of late."

Noor eyed Zafira as she padded across the room to her bed and sat down, leaning back against the pillows. This had to be some sort of weird prank. "I..."

"I want to push past this and be friends," Zafira continued. "I think it's the adult thing to do." She nodded once, letting Noor know that she was done talking.

"Sorry," Noor said when Zafira raised her eyebrows expectantly after a few minutes of silence. "You threw me for a loop there." A tiny smile took shape on Zafira's lips. Noor swiped her tongue over her own. "Um. Yeah. I think that being friends would be great."

"Good," Zafira said. She picked up a book, beginning to open it.

"Wait," Noor said. Zafira looked up at her. "What happened? What changed?" She thought of Zafira and Vincent arguing a mere half hour before in this very room.

Zafira pulled her eyes away from Noor, looking guilty and secretive. "Nothing of consequence. I just realized that this feud was stupid. We're speech and debate partners, for Christ's sake. We can't act like middle school rivals."

Noor grinned. "Oh we sure as hell can. Just because I'm friends with you," she warned, "doesn't mean I'm going to be nice to you. That privilege is reserved for the few people who have snagged my romantic attention."

Zafira gave an awkward cough. "Like Quentin."

"Like Quentin," Noor agreed. "Can I have your word that you'll be nicer to him now?"

"I've never been anything but nice to him," Zafira argued.

Noor raised her eyebrows. "You called him a sad, human knockoff of a Ken doll."

"No, I called Peter a sad, human knockoff of a Ken doll," Zafira corrected. "I said that Quentin was somewhat equal, looks-wise, with Michael B. Jordan."

"Somewhat equal?" Noor repeated.

"Hey," Zafira said, "nobody is equal to Michael B. Jordan."

"What about Zayn?" Noor suggested. "Nineties Leo?"

Zafira made a face. Noor laughed. "Maybe Zayn. He's a close one."

"Who's the female equivalent of Michael B. Jordan?" Noor asked, curious.

"Me?" Zafira suggested, sounding hopeful. Noor cracked up.

---

michael b jordan is hawt

also i have a girlfriend 😳