7 // noor loves quentin

Oh how easy it is to fall in love when you're falling in love with someone beautiful, Noor thought to herself. Oh how easy it is to tumble and tumble until-- Her admittedly interesting, if cliche, soliloquy was cut off by Quentin's grin across the sunlit cafe. Noor swooned, her chin resting in her hand as she gazed at him like a besotted schoolgirl. Over the span of two hours, Noor had found a welcome replacement for the nuisance to Zafira that was Worm, though her mind couldn't have been farther from annoying the girl at this moment in time. In fact, Noor's petty squabbles and jealousy of Zafira seemed like a childish thing in the face of this all-consuming love at first sight.

Quentin sat down across from her, and Noor was pretty sure that drool dripped onto the table below her face. He stood at 5'11" (half an inch taller than Zafira's lanky Vincent) and had shoulders that were positively to-die-for. His mocha skin seemed to shimmer like something God-touched in the afternoon light. Noor was madly in love. Yes, this was it. It was her and Quentin forever. They would have four small children who would beat Zafira and Vincent's kids at everything ever in life. Noor was at peace.

She shot Quentin a dreamy smile. Noor got the idea that he got this kind of attention from plenty of girls and rarely acted on advances. But here he sat on a coffee date with her. Half the school knew about this by now (because of Noor's big mouth) and more than a few glances had stuck to them like bird crap on car windshields.

"So," Quentin said, clearing his throat a little. His words were just barely accented - not enough for you to notice if you weren't listening for it. Noor had learned that he was French-Canadian. Noor was reminded for a moment that Zafira had an accent, too, having grown up in the UK only a few cities away from the foreigner-saturated Loxton University. Noor scooted her chair forwards to better see Quentin, shaking her head a bit to clear out the thoughts of her mortal enemy. "What're you doing this evening?"

"Whatever you're doing," Noor replied, twirling a strand of her hair around her finger.

Quentin laughed. It was a rich, deep laugh that made Noor nearly faint like a Disney princess. "I'm going to be honest, I'm totally antisocial. From what I've heard, you aren't like that. I'd rather stay home and eat takeout in my PJs any day, but that doesn't really seem like your scene."

Noor shrugged. "I'm a flexible woman." She grinned, teeth showing. "In many ways." Quentin, poor, proper Quentin, choked on his coffee. He spluttered quietly into a napkin as Noor cackled into her hands, praying that those inquisitive cafe-goers were no longer watching her and Quentin on their date. "Sorry about that," Noor said once Quentin had coughed the last of the coffee out of his lungs and nasal passageways. "My humor is wack."

He shrugged. "Nah. It's like Vincent's: a little crude, but funny once you're used to it."

"Crude?" asked Vincent, stepping up behind Noor. The cafe door swung shut with a little tinkle. Noor turned and her eyes caught on Zafira's furious gaze. "I'd hardly call it crude."

An arm wrenched Noor out of her chair and pulled her towards a corner. Noor stared at Zafira, unimpressed. "What do you want? Why are you two crashing my date?"

Zafira looked a little guilty, but it was gone fast. Typical. "You'd better not be making plans with him for tonight," she snapped.

"Is it our anniversary or something?" Noor teased. Zafira scowled. Oh. It was Tuesday.

---

THE LONG-AWAITED QUENTIN CHAPTER <3

thoughts on quentin?