Part 11 : LIES ,LIES & even more lies

Gabriel's pov:
I woke up to find myself surrounded by the whole team of 19. My head was throbbing and my side was killing me. I guess it was apparent enough since Conrad ran to my side to check on me immediately. "I'm fine," I say. He just nods. I look at Robert and I notice he was in a wheelchair "sully are you okay" I ask. During the incident, I was really scared to lose him on my watch. "I'm okay, thanks to you, just a concussion and a couple of sprains and bruises" he replies with a soft smile something he didn't do often he usually frowns at me 24/7.
Andy comes up and sits on the bed reaching out for my hand.
Dr.grey and Torres come in. I'm speculating to tell me what the hell happened to me. They update me on my situation and to my surprise I underwent a rough surgery that explains the excruciating pain I'm feeling. Dr.Torres tells me she needs to reset my dislocated knee "cool" I respond. But it was not cool I screamed so loud in response to her pulling on my knee. Andy just held my hand in support. "How long till I can come back" I asked. "We're gonna keep in the hospital for 2 nights and you will need someone to take care of you for the next 4-6 weeks," said Dr.grey "after 4 weeks can I go back to work?" I asked for confirmation. "Hopefully yeah," she said leaving shortly after giving me a quick exam. The team kept going on about how badass I was and kept cheering me on. "Dude you carried grown men down 7 flights of stairs or we're they 8," said Vic excitedly. "Of coarse she is my mentee she is a natural fighter" said Robert.
"Can you be my partner instead of miller" said Warren jokingly. "We're the luckiest house to have you" said maya. Even though everyone was praising me I felt uncomfortable and unworthy of the attention. I took a deep breath of relief when everyone left but Andy and Conrad. "I need my phone" I said looking around for it. My dad would be calling by now, my shift was over I need a valid excuse on why I need to stay in the hospital for 2 nights. Andy said she would text one of the guys to fetch my phone from the truck. "Whats wrong" she asks. "Nothing" I reply she gives me the look. "My dad is just really strict and I don't want him knowing i'm at the hospital" I say trying to be as vague as possible. Conrad was just observing me knowing i'm full of crap. "I know he is the one who gave you that black eye" she replies nonchalantly. My eyes just widen at her remark. "The last time I saw you with bruises was 4 yrs ago. I thought you told me he got help" Conrad says. I was being cornered by both of them.
" can you get me the discharge papers please," I say trying to avoid looking at both of them. "What you just underwent major surgery and he won't be taking care of you, letting you go would be death wish," he said getting protective over me. "You can talk to me what's up" she said
I was cracking under pressure I'm not the one to lie flawlessly I was horrible at it.
"My dad doesn't know I'm a firefighter. He thinks i'm a teacher." I confess. She was flabbergasted. Conrad's expression didn't change since he knew and helped me cast this whole act. " you can tell him there is a school field trip and you're going with the kids" he suggested. " that's a great idea why didn't a think of that" I say hitting my forehead. "But I do really need my phone then," I say looking at andy". Who was still zoned out probably thinking about what I just dropped on her if she only knew it was the tip of the iceberg. She just nods and leave followed by Conrad.
Gabby pov ends
Conrad: hey I need to speak with you
Andy: yeah?
He says looking around "do you have a min this might take a while" and shows her to the cafeteria.
"What is this about" she says pulling a chair to sit.
"Gabriel" he replies taking a deep breath.
"She needs a place to stay. A safe place to stay at-least while she recovers from her life threatening injuries. I would've taken her but she won't since you know Islam doesn't forbids that." He says
"I would love to take her , if she would let me" she says shrugging
"She doesn't have many options it's you or her abusive dick of a father" he says upset he couldn't do more.
" you know his abusive and yet when you thought warren harmed her. You almost killed the man but not her dad who is actually harming her" she says taken back by his irony
"First year I met her I found some bruises on her. I put two and two together tried to help. By getting him rightfully arrested so She doesn't talk to me for 8 weeks. " he says sighing "there must be something we can do" she says frustrated. "She asks for help when she wants it not when she needs it but I always try to stick around I pass my her house every time he is home just to make sure he isn't.... But sometimes I miss a day and then..." he was getting visibly upset and Teary eyed.
"You truly love her dont you" she says noticing her bit of love he had for Gabriel in his eyes. "She has had my back every time. Since my first years as med student through graduation ,every hardship, and especially every issue I had with my dad she was there by my side. And I just feel helpless that I can't do anything."he says furious his voice full of emotions
Warren approaches Andy with gabby's home
"I better take this up to her 15 missed calls" she says raising her eyebrow
She goes to gabby's room and finds an intern and Meredith examining gabby too throughly
"I said I don't have any issue can you please stop" gabby yells at the intern who was moving an ultrasound device all over her thighs. "We found something abnormal in the scans" says Meredith trying to calm gabby down
" what  stop" says gabby once again yelling
"It could be life threatening " Meredith explains once again
"Found it, it looks like a chip" says the intern confused.
"Sex trafficking victims usually...." she says coming close to gabby
"We're gonna remove it" says the Intern
Gabby was just dazzled and confused she always found it weird how sometimes her dad could point out her whereabouts but just assumed one of his guys saw her or something. The station was next to a school so she guessed that's why he never questioned her lies but that one time at Shaw's he figured she was lying and hit her and she finally knew why.
"Do you know who implanted this chip" Meredith asked
"No I don't remember" replied gabby
Andy just stood by her side holding her hand in solidarity
She was just as dazzled as gabby but she was holding it together for her sister.
There was a huge scar in the microchips place. "I just assumed I tripped as kid or smth" said gabby shrugging. "That's a clean cut "explained Meredith. "Do you want me to call the police" said the intern
"NOOO.......please no cops just take it out and give it to me" pleads gabby
Meredith obeys gabby's request.
"You're staying with me until you're back on you feet" said Andy sternly leaving no room for negotiation.
Gabby texted her dad and got Conrad helped to place to microchip near the location to the nonexistent field trip. She added a new lie saying one of the kids got hurt and she took them to the hospital.
Conrad was horrified to learn about the microchip and decided it was enough coddling gabby and time to take action even if it wasn't with gabby's approval but for now he helped her the way he asked him to,
Andy stayed at the hospital checking on Robert and gabby all night sleeping in each's room for a couple of hours.
_____________