Chapter 6 - You're Kinda Passive Aggressive

“Bradley!” I shout, keeping my distance so I don’t get hit. Call me selfish, but hey.

“Sydney, go find Tanner and Mikey. We’re leaving.” Drew shouts over his shoulder at me.

I nod my head, thankful for an excuse to leave the room. Fighting has never been something I’ve really enjoyed watching. And by the looks of it; it’s gonna take quite a bit of effort for Drew to pull Bradley off of Reese and convince him to stop trying to pummel Reese. I leave the room, going down the stairs, taking them two at a time.

“Were you just upstairs?” Jake wonders, grabbing my arm as I walk by him.

“Yeah, but-“ I indistinctively hear something upstairs crashing to the floor and shake my head, “Sorry Jake, but I really gotta find Mikey and Tanner.”

He nods, “Yeah, okay.”

I smile gratefully, stumbling away from him. I run towards the kitchen - not very quickly, due to the fact that I’m wearing heels - and pull the sliding glass door open. I go outside, pulling it closed behind me and involuntarily shivering. It’s actually pretty nippy out here, but that’s beside the point. I really need to find the boys, before Bradley murders Reese. Or vice versa.

Mikey’s blonde hair catches my eye; he’s lingering near the pool. I hurry over to him - knowing that he’s drunk, and he’ll probably attempt to jump in the pool or something stupid like that. Mikey’s talking to Tanner, who’s still drinking, even though he’s visibly drunk.

“Guys, come on! We have to go.” I say, as I approach them.

“Hey, it’s Sydney!” Tanner slurs.

“Yes, it’s me, now come on. Get up guys.”

“Noooo, I wanna go swimming.” Mikey moans, beginning to pull his shirt away from his body.

“No, no, no. Tell you what, tomorrow we can go swimming in Bradley’s pool. Okay?” I offer.

“Why can’t I swim in your pool?”

“Because my pool guy hasn’t cleaned my pool in a week.” I reason, grabbing his hand and trying to pull him up. Thanks to my lack of strength though, that doesn’t happen. “Tanner? A little help?”

“Help. That’s a funny word,” He slurs. “Say it slowly. Heee-llll-up. Help.” Then Tanner starts laughing as if that’s incredibly funny.

"Tanner, can I trust you to go to the front and sit in the car? Can you do that without walking into the lake or something?” I say that only because Mikey is way more drunk that Tanner. He always is.

“What am I, seven? Course I can do it.” He assures me grumpily, reaching for the keys.

I pull back my hand, “You’re not getting these keys; because then you’ll be tempted to drive.”

“How do I get in if I don’t have the keys, Syd?”

“Just sit on the back of it or something, go.” I tell Tanner.

“Okay, okay.” He stammers, walking towards the front yard of the house.

I look down at Mikey who’s lying on the cobblestone ground still, but now his eyes are firmly shut. I kneel down beside him, poking his arm, “Mikey, are you dead?”

“If I was dead, would I be talking?” He says, chuckling.

“Get up, we have to go. Bradley is fighting.”