Chapter 21 - I'm Gonna Pretend I Believe You

Author's Note: I think this chapter is shorter than the last two, which is good because those were pretty long. Also don't worry Walker, Mikey and Tanner will be in the next chapter tons because I realized they haven't been talked about much recently, so yeah. Hope you all like this chapter. 

Chapter 21 - I'm Gonna Pretend I Believe You

Once I again I feel Drew’s finger jabbing me in my stomach and I scrunch up my face, about ready to kick him in his stupid face. He’s been trying to get me up for the past twenty minutes, and I’m just not ready to wake up. Why not? It’s too early to be awake. I mean, I don’t know exactly what time it is, but I know it’s too early to be up. The sun isn’t even shining yet, I do know that much. Not to mention the fact that last night I was the last one to fall asleep. And that was around 3:30 a.m. It’s only because I was so hyped up on all of the sugar I’d consumed. Last night after we watched the first movie, I went upstairs to the kitchen and cut myself a huge piece of my cake from my birthday party. It was strawberry, by the way. The cake, I mean. So since then I was kinda bouncing off of the walls and it took about four hours of my jumping around on the couch to burn it all off and I tiredly collapsed on the couch snuggled up to Tanner - he was the closest - and fell asleep.

“Sydney, wake up!” Drew says, poking me again.

“Drew, go away.” I snap. “I wanna sleep.”

“You can sleep on the way there, get up. You have to go and pack.”

“What are you talking about?” I mutter into the couch cushion. “I did pack.”

"Bradley said you didn’t finish.” He explains.

“Oh right,” I remember, with a groan. “What time is it?”

“6:45.”

“Why the hell do we have to leave so early?” I pout, jutting my lip out but leaving my eyes closed.

“Because the sooner we leave, the sooner we get there.” Drew says with a sigh, poking me again.

“I swear to God if you keep doing that, you aren’t gonna live to see nineteen.” I threaten.

"No one told your crazy ass to eat all of that cake and pass out.”

“My head hurts.”

“I’m thinking it’s got too much sugar in it.” Bradley’s voice calls as I hear him sit down beside my head.

I sit up from the couch, groaning. “Okay, I’m up.”

I look around and see Tanner and Walker playing that damn car video game. They’re always playing it. Why? I honestly have no idea, because it doesn’t look interesting at all to me. Mikey is sprawled across a big black beanbag chair on the floor holding his iPad up above his head with the white ear buds in his ears. I think he’s FaceTiming, as he occasionally smiles and nods his head.

"Good girl,” Bradley says, slapping my knee.

"Yeah, now chop-chop, go finish packing.” Drew says, snapping his fingers.

"You’re unusually bossy today.” I observe, standing up from the couch and stretching.

“Oh, Syd, there’s something I gotta tell you.” Walker calls, not looking away from the video game.

“What’s up, Walk?” I ask, about to walk over to him when Drew stops with me with eyebrows raised.

“Nope. Pack first. Talk second.” He says, grabbing my arm and lightly pushing me towards the stairs.