Chapter 36 - Don't Call Her An Ogre

“Bradley, we’re gonna miss Graduation,” I whine as he rolls me underneath him, kissing me.

“I don’t care; I like this better.” He retorts, inserting his tongue in my mouth.

“Well, I do.” I reply, pulling away from him. I think it took every ounce of willpower in me to do that just now.

“Okay,” Bradley sighs, falling off of me and laying parallel to me in my bed.

“Don’t be grumpy,” I scowl. “We’re graduating today!” I remind him.

“That we are. I think I’d be more excited about it if the whole college aspect wasn’t coming.” He admits.

“Well, there’s really not much to consider about it. You want to go to London, so go.”

“I told you that I don’t wanna go to London,” Bradley states, rolling his eyes.

“Whatever Bradley, how can you not wanna go to the U.K.?” I interrogate, standing to my feet.

“Because I’ve been to England and I’d rather stay here with you than go back.”

Today’s date is May 24th, so it’s been a little over a month since Prom. Well, a little bit more than a little over a month. It was way back on April 12th, after all. Anyways, today is the gloriously wonderful day that Bradley, the other guys and I finally graduate from Lincoln High. I’ve been waiting for this day since like, the second semester of Freshman Year and now it’s finally here and I’m so excited that I just may burst a blood vessel. That would be bad though. Very, very bad.

Bradley and I are at my house, as we’ve been all day, and we’re supposed to be getting ready, but that obviously isn’t happening. We’ve been alone at my house most of the day except for when my Mother got home from work a few hours ago, but she doesn’t really count because she hasn’t been up here too much. Arianna, Jared and baby Charlotte - who’s gonna be two months old tomorrow - are all out on some family thing. The two of them have really been working hard on finding them an apartment in a safe part of town where they and Charlie can stay. They’re really stupid and stubborn though, Jared and Arianna, and they’re not accepting any money at all from either my and Arianna’s parents or Jared parents. The McMillian’s own a restaurant too, so I know that they have money Jared could have. They’re both too self-righteous for that though; but Jared’s job brings a lot in, I guess.

“Well, staying with me isn’t gonna pay your bills when you grow up.”

“Going to college in London won’t pay my bills either,” My boyfriend coerces.

"You knew when you applied there was a chance you’d get in,” I accuse, narrowing my eyes.

"Yeah, I mean, I did, but honestly, I didn’t know that we’d be together.” Bradley sighs.

“Okay,” I sigh. “Let’s just get ready for Graduation and we’ll talk about it later, yes?”       

“I think I like that idea,” Bradley says with a nod, putting his hands up underneath his head, looking at me.

“Well? Go! You have to get ready too.”

“Yeah, but I’d rather watch you get ready,” He retorts giving me a playful wink.

“You’re a pervert,” I inform my boyfriend, shaking my head at him as I walk to my closet.

“A pervert that you love,” Bradley teases. “I’ll be in your kitchen.” He tells me, walking out of my room.