Chapter 15 - He's Being Such A Baby

“Hey there.” Reese says as I reach him. He’s standing at the front of the movie theater, leaning against the promotional poster for that Bruce Willis movie, A Good Way to Die Hard or something like that. “I thought you got lost on your way or something.”

“Hi Reese.” I reply.

When Mikey and I got back to my house, Drew, Tanner and Walker were all still there watching that Taken movie. They kinda forced me and Mikey to watch it with them, and after that I decided that I didn’t care what Bradley said or thought. So I went upstairs, got dressed and came here to the movie theater like I told Reese I would. I mean, I did seriously doubt it, while Bradley was yelling his opinions at me or whatever, but as you can see, I stopped doubting it.

“How are you?” He wonders, leading me towards the ticket buying booth.

“I’m good.” I tell him. I’m not that great, actually, but I’m about 98.9% sure he doesn’t wanna here about my problems. “How are you?”

“Better now that you’re here; I thought you wouldn’t show.” Reece tells me as we move up in the line.

“Why wouldn’t I come?”

“I’m aware how much your friend doesn’t like me, I just thought he’d make you change your mind or something.”

“Bradley? Bradley’s a stupid jerk.” I reply. “He tried to talk me out of coming, but that didn’t work.”

“Obviously.” He retorts, chuckling. Soon enough, we reach the front of the line. “What do you wanna see?” Reese asks me.

“Oh, it doesn’t matter.” I tell him. “I kinda wanna see Safe Haven though.”

“That Nicholas Spencer thing?”

“It’s Sparks. Nicholas Sparks.” I correct him.

“Whatever, either way, I don’t wanna see it. How about Zero Dark Thirty?”

“Isn’t that about Osama Bin Laden?”

“Yeah, I think so. Why?”

I shrug, “I don’t really wanna see that.”

He sighs, “Well then what should we see? I’m not watching Safe Haven with you. It’s for little bitches.”

“Can we see Warm Bodies?” I wonder, looking up at the show times, ignoring his totally untrue remark.

“I guess so.” He says grumpily, retrieving his wallet from his pocket when the lady tells him that it’ll be fifteen dollars. Why are the movies so damn expensive now-a-days? No wonder everyone is using those illegal movie watching sites. I see Reese hand the lady a five dollar bill, two ones and two quarters. Seven fifty. Guess we’re doing the half-way thing. I reach down into my pocket, and pull out a wadded up mess of dollars. Flattening them out, I see that I have just enough money. Eight ones. I give them to Reese, who hands them to the lady behind the counter. She gives us our tickets and we head inside.

My phone vibrates in my pocket and I pull it out, walking along with Reese as he goes to the food stand. I see that it’s a call from the notorious Bradley. I don’t know why he’s calling me - I’m pretty sure he’s aware that I’m still mad at him. But knowing Bradley the oh so well way that I do, I know he’s probably calling just to see if I really came out with Reese. I decline the call, and put it in my pocket. Hopefully by my declining his call and sending him to voicemail, he’ll get the picture.

“You want something?” Reese wonders.

I shake my head, “I’m fine, thanks.” I don’t have any more money on me, and I’m not sure he’d buy me anything, so I’m playing it safe and saying no. I’m not really hungry or anything anyway.