- cavetown may have written a song about my fanfic

i am not even kidding at this point

there's a possible chance that robbie has actually read the book and gotten so inspired by it that he made a song about it

idk my intuition is telling me that he has actually read it like for some reason, the music video and the song had that vibe. like he knows something.

SPOILERS AHEAD(?)
in case if you haven't read it or you don't want your feelings about the book to get crushed bc im going to break down a few things about the book :D

ALRIGHT SO STORYTIME

when robbie released his new ep "man's best friend", i was obviously really hyped about it because we finally get more content from him after a small hiatus from him on the internet.

because yknow, stan twitter's toxicities these days

at first, i didn't really expect anything about it because all i know is that robin's writing another song about animals like he often does (which i don't mind btw!)

that is until i started playing the first track...

and man, that one lyric caught me so offguard i almost snapped my neck in shock and started crying.

can't get your name past my lips like a slur
and i think i'm in love with the idea of her
lie in the morning aurora
"what time is it in california?"

i am not even kidding, i actually started tearing up at like 10 seconds in. the lyrics were just...something...

i suspected that maybe robbie may have actually read the book which is scary to think about to be honest.

then like a week after, i realized that robbie released a lyric video for the song...also sus!

the video had bicycles, from all i remember. and doodles kinda, which was almost like the theme of the book for quite a long time now.

literally ever since the beginning.