- kaeru tries a dating app for a week (it went wrong)

hello, it is i, that little circle in ur phone who creates fanfics and updates at a crappy time rate.

wow could u believe that a person like me, who writes romance fanfics just to fulfill the emptiness they had for not getting liked back by their stupid crushes, started using a dating app? how out of character of them!

i know! i don't even know how i got the conclusion of wanting to be in a dating app in the first place!

to start off this very random and quick life update bcs i need to spill this out, i started using bumble out of boredom despite of me believing that i find dating apps "unnatural" and "scary".

(i mean they sort of are still)

but instead of looking for a partner, i used it as a way to make friends with strangers (because why not? besides, it's not like they'd remember who i am right?)

when i started bumble, i discovered that there are 3 categories you can swipe on: Date, BFF, and Work.

ofc bcs im still a student, i used the BFF category to swipe left and right to. but then i got so bored bcs these ppl barely payed mind to saying hi or even responding.

so i settled with Date, but also became a little open to the thought of maybe possibly potentially dating someone from here just before i graduate (since at the time of realization, i thought that i'd need another person to think about before i confess to my happy crush who is my classmate just in case i get rejected...again)

on the first day, i've only met gay ppl from the app and became friends with a lot of cool ppl.

i tried to look a bit more appealing by mentioning in my bio that i cosplay too since i also discovered that i was going to be at another free cosplay convention in 2 weeks.

and that's when i met this guy.