- how cavetown gave a huge impact in my life.

(featuring his friends)

on april 2017, i was watching a compilation of people singing twenty one pilots' songs on youtube. all of a sudden, some guy with glasses and a ukulele somehow caught my attention while i was watching the compilation.

thankfully, there was this one comment that said that the guy who sang the judge was a boy named cavetown (they also gave a link) so i decided to check him out.

he had like a few subs at that time so i thought eh, why not supporting him? he seems like a cool guy. then clicked the subscribe button.

i've never heard from him again nor received a notification until october 2018, i was in the midst of updating my music taste and saw a song called lemon boy on my recommendations twice. interested, i started listening to it. and i never thought that it would change my life i had before.

as months got by, i've never realized how much impact he has given to me as a young teenager.

because of robbie, i've decided to continue my dreams of becoming a successful musician just like my relatives. and of course, just like him. i even started writing my own songs (although, some of them usually suck. but i'm still trying to bulid up my confidence just to fix them up)

in times of loneliness, his songs have always comforted me. it's almost like he was a friend of mine, even if we've never met (yet) nor spoke to each other. i was often bullied and i always felt insecure about myself, feeling like i wasn't good enough.

he has given me inspiration to go back to writing. i know it's weird to make a fanfic about him, but i only wrote it just for fun. so far, it improved my writing as well after a year.

along with chloe and maia, they've pushed me to pursue my dreams of becoming an indie musician. i've also started to look up for auditions that are theater/singing related.

i'm now following the footsteps of my cousin to become like her someday.

random thought, but if i ever get famous and got into a concert, my dream would be performing with him someday. even though it sounds impossible, i'm hoping that i would meet him soon enough and possibly become friends with him.

he is such an amazing and talented person and i really adore how sweet and wholesome he is towards fans. whoever met him in person are lucky asf.

hopefully, one day, i get to be like them soon.

made: 25/01/20 , 1:50 am