18. Hᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ

The gossip was all over the place, yes I had read the news article and also saw the comments

The gossip was all over the place, yes I had read the news article and also saw the comments. All my office colleagues who were here in Australia are busy gossiping about it. It felt as if I had no right to have a personal life. I knew what I was getting into when I accepted to give this thing a chance but the intensity of things was something that I just could not deal with. I didn’t get enough time to talk with Virat regarding this.

I am sitting by the swimming pool, dipping my legs in the cold water and thinking about everything. My life right now is at a point where I need to decide what I want but it was just too early to come to a point.

I felt someone tapping my shoulder from behind, I quickly turned around quite startled. “Oh it's you,” I sighed.

“Didn't mean to scare you!” Virat calmly replied with a smile.Returning the smile, I nodded and turned around looking at the blank space ahead.

“Penny for your thoughts?” Virat questioned.

“Um…nothing. Just thinking about umm work.” I tried to lie. “Well, since you don't want to initiate the topic, I will bring it up! You saw the post?” He looked at me with raised eyebrows. I sighed and turned to face him.

“Yes.”

“So… what do you think?” he asked.

“Honestly Virat, I am scared. I am not used to the limelight. Of course I am a known personality but that is due to work and it stays like that. This sudden attention scares me, what if I lose my true self to this artificial world?” I layed down my fears in front of him. It actually scared me, the amount of hate and also love that came along my way ever since there were these rumours scared me.

“Anushka, this is my world. I have no powers to control them but what I can assure is that you won't be alone in this. Never. We would face them together. As of now, all of us are trying to take that post down.” Virat said as he comforted me.

“And all those comment. Don't let them affect you. I am sorry to drag you in this shit and if you want you can back out if you want.” he said.

I entwined our hands and told, “I don't know what relationship we share as of now but whatever it is, I am glad to have you.”

“Feelings are mutual babe.” he cheekily replied with a wink.I elbowed him while he let out a chuckle. 

“Oh by the way, Shrads and Varun, what time are they reaching?” Virat asked me as I was the one to booked the flight tickets.

“They will land at 5 AM. I have sent a car to pick them up from the airport and their rooms are booked.” I cleared out everything.

“Virat, are you free tomorrow?” I hesitantly asked.

“Umm...I guess it's you who manage me so you would know,” he replied. Him and his answers! Ugh!

“Fine then be ready by 6:30 PM. Your practice ends at 6.” I ordered as I got up and turned around to move towards my room.