29. Arguments

“Did you see the news?” Ishan asked Shubhman who was currently with him. Both the boys had joined the team along with some other youngsters just for practice matches after the team returned from Australia. Currently they are at a hotel in Mumbai to play friendly club games with the youngsters.

“Nahi, kyu kya hua?” Shubhman asked, being totally clueless.

“Rohit bhai and Virat bhai, aren't talking with each other. Also, Virat bhai didn't wish Ritika bhabhi and Rohit bhai on their anniversary. Do you think all this is true?” he asked.

“I don't know, I haven't seen them talking but then we haven't been here for too long to judge,” Shabhman said. “Yeah you are right, but you know what, I also heard that Virat bhai wasn't there at Ro bhai's party,” Ishan again stated.

“Yeah I have read that article,” Shubhman said.

“What is happening here?” someone questioned which scared the two young boys but immediately sighed when they saw it was, KL Rahul.

“Rah bhai! You scared us!” exclaimed Ishan. Rahul just laughed and asked them what they were discussing so discreetly. Ishan and Shubhman initially said that it was nothing important but then gave in when Rahul insisted.

“Just the recent rumours about Ro and Vee bhai,” Shubhman muttered. Rahul didn't show any emotions on his face but he too had read the articles, the only difference was that he knew the truth. Virat was there at the party and had even wished Rohit and Ritika privately but sometimes the media makes a fuss about small things.“We are here to play cricket and not gossip boys,” Rahul said sternly. “But bhai, are they really not talking?” Ishan being the curious boy asked.

Rahul sighed, “No it's not true and even if it is, we have learnt that we don’t interfere anywhere, the team stays as it is, always together. The two who are related to the matter, sort it out and get done with it, never letting it affect the team,” he said.

“But bhai, how can you say that there’s nothing wrong between the two? They haven’t posted a picture together when Ro bhai has posted a picture with everyone who was present there?” Shubhman questioned.

And it did put Rahul in the spot, why hadn’t Rohit posted a picture with Virat? But right now he needed to set a correct example in front of the two youngsters, “It’s rubbish posted by the media, Ro hasn’t posted pictures with everyone and maybe he saved the pic for later, nothing is wrong with it, guys. Stop over analysing or else you will find cracks everywhere, so get back to your rooms for rest right now,” Rahul dismissed the two.

“Hmm. Chhod, hume kya, it's their thing as you said,” Ishan ended the conversation but what they didn't realise was they were in a corridor where anyone could hear them and so had one person, the vice-captain, Rohit Sharma.

~•~

Having heard what was going on around, Rohit thought it was important to clarify the matter so that the youngsters or anyone didn't feel that it was okay to argue. He immediately rushed towards Virat's room and knocked twice but didn't get any answer.

“VIRATTT” he shouted and it was pretty clear that he had disturbed everyone on that floor, including Virat. He opened the door with an annoyed face and Rohit pushed past him to enter the room.

“Kya hua!?” Virat asked with a stern expression which Rohit failed to notice.

“You know what, I just heard Ishi and Shubh talking about the media posts and articles. They were talking about our recent headlines. Like you not wishing me on my anniversary and me not inviting you to the party and everything-” Rohit was rambling stuff when Virat immediately interrupted, “Rohit! Main baat kya hai !!”

“Tu mujhe mere full name se kyu bula raha hai !?” Ro questioned. Virat was already annoyed due to media articles that he bursted it all on Rohit.

“Yaar, have you come here to tell me what I should call you? Tera naam Rohit hai na, toh Rohit hi bulaunga na! And yeh media mein jo bhi chal raha hai na woh tune shuru kiya, woh post like karke! Na tu woh karta, na aaj yeh hota,” Virat yelled. It wasn't his usual self but lack of sleep, constant media rumours and meetings with people, had made him frustrated.

“I hadn't liked that post purposely! Mere pe chila mat! It was a mistake which I corrected within 5 minutes,” Rohit countered.

“But those five minutes turned hell for me! Media is constantly trying to get in touch with me and it's turning into a headache!” Virat said, still quite stern.

“Mera bhi wohi haal hai, Vi! They are troubling me too and that's the reason why I was here! To tell you that we should post the picture from last night but what do I get when I get here? Mr. Virat Kohli, shouting at me for something that I had already apologized for! And if it's a headache then why didn't you just comment on the post yesterday, you know it well that the media are basically social media stalkers, tu woh kar leta toh sab theek ho jata!” he exclaimed.

“You also could have posted the picture oh you, Ritika and me together but you didn't!” Virat said.

“That's because I didn't have the pic, I asked you to send it to me and you still haven't! Aaj toh sirf Shubh aur Ishan baat kar rahe hai, kal jab puri team baat karengi na, tab jawaab dena. Then don't tell it's my fault, I was here to sort the issue out, you yelled and ruined it!” Rohit said and turned towards the door to exit. But was shocked to see the whole team including the youngsters and the wives standing there.

“Great! Now don't tell me it was my fault I didn't close the door because as long as I remember you were behind me! Come and talk when you are done with the blaming shit!” Rohit said. “And do tell me if you don't ever want to talk, I will try my best to avoid you,” Rohit completed and stormed out while the rest of the team stood there shocked, still trying to digest what had happened.

“What the hell was that!?” Jinks suddenly almost yelled, breaking the silence.

_____________________________________________

⫷ 𝔸𝕦𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕣'𝕤 ℕ𝕠𝕥𝕖 ⫸

Hey guys,

Finally here after not writing the chapter for like a week or so. I was so scared that I would mess it up and I may have initially messed up 🙈

Anyways, get ready for some normal written chapters, I will try to add instagram posts and stories wherever I can but most of the content would be written like normal chapters.

What do you think about RohiRat fight? How many chapters more till they talk it out? Also, who do you think will interfere and put some sense into their heads ??

I hope you all liked the chapter, thank you for your response on last chapter ❤️