30. Feelings

“What the hell was that!?” Jinks suddenly almost yelled, breaking the silence. Virat stood there facing the team who had heard every single word exchanged between the two best friends. The youngsters were shocked seeing two people who always exchanged fun banters, fighting and yelling at each other today.

“Virat! Can you please open your mouth!?” this time it was Jaddu who was frustrated seeing Virat silent and asked.

“Nothing,” Virat muttered and started to move around in his room.

“What do you mean by nothing! We saw what happened and it surely didn't look like ‘nothing’ to us,” Ajinkya said.

“Guys, chill! They both are mature adults and can handle this themselves,” Ritika spoke, knowing well that both of them would realise soon. Virat looked up at her and just kept staring at his other best friend.

“It's high time both of you act like adults and if not adults then at least as the captain and vice-captain of the team, this isn't the example that Dada or Mahi Bhai set for us and we also should not set it for the next generation who are standing here,” Ash said.

“But when have we both ever let our thing affect the team, we have always acted as professionals and this is a simple thing that we both will solve by ourselves. Can everyone please leave it like that, it was a mistake that you all heard everything, let's behave as if it never happened,” Virat took a strong stand.

“Virat, we can't unhear what we heard,” Harry muttered, whereas everyone in that room wanted to bang their heads somewhere.

“Harry! Please spare me today, I am already worked up and you don't want to be my next target,” Virat said with gritted teeth.

“And this anger will hurt some people whom you don't want to hurt someday,” Jinks said looking straight into Virat's eyes. Those words struck Virat like a bullet.

Ritika had enough of the advice and said, “I am no one to interfere in the team but they both are friends and no friendship is all colourful. Let them do what they want to and leave it to them guys,” she supported Virat.

“Exactly, we won't let it affect the team,” Virat assured.

“Fine but please get done with this at the earliest keeping your egos aside,” Jinks said and moved out of the room and the rest followed. The only two left now were Anushka and Ritika. Anushka was also the first one to see the fight in the camp and decided to not interfere while Ritika was accustomed to RohiRat fighting like 5 year olds.

“I will leave you both to do whatever you want to,” she teased and turned around to leave.

“Rits, why do you always support me?” Virat asked the question that was bothering him while Anushka stood there looking at the duo.

“I am not supporting you, it's just people need their space and I get it. But you know Virat Jinks was right, you need to control your anger and Ro needs to control his childishness, these traits though look small, can affect you both later on.” Ritika sighed. “Anyways, leave this, I am off to that other angry bird since this one now has calmed down or will eventually,” she wiggled her eyebrows between the couple.

Virat laughed at her teasing and said, “Yeah yeah go and you too can do whatever you want to,” he teased. Ritika shook her head and moved out of the room after muttering a goodbye to both of them.

Anushka looked at Virat and didn't know what to say. Did he expect her to say something? But what should she say? She didn't want to interfere but at the same time wanted to have a chat with him. But thinking again, she thought maybe it wasn't the best time to talk about the situation.