31. Resolving

Both the boys had finally found their peace - be it in watching a movie or having a chat with their loved ones. The team had two different emotions - the seniors not worried but hoping to get this over soon whereas the youngsters were scared and tensed of what was in store for them tomorrow, at the practice session.

Meanwhile, Virat and Anushka were engrossed in their movie but their minds were at different places. Anushka was silently debating whether she should address the topic or not? Virat had certainly calmed down and was in a state to listen to her but she wasn't sure whether she should interfere or not.

“Virat,” she called him, deciding to just say whatever she had in her mind. Talk. That's how a relationship can work and both of them believed in that.

“Hmm…” he asked her to continue. She turned towards him as they sat there with Virat's arms around her, almost side hugging her. “Do you want to talk about it?” she gently asked.

“You know, I shouldn't be blaming him but at one point I felt why would he even like that post? I mean everyone reads before doing anything on social media but again I am talking about Ro so i don't expect anything usual,” he said while Anushka laughed at the last line.

“Vee, what about the whole anger? Rits was right in whatever she said and I don't think I need to repeat everything to you but Virat remembers that he is also going through the same thing. Both of you are public figures and people will want deets about anything and everything. That doesn't mean we give every detail but we need to keep people updated. Once in a while,” she explained.

“I get it. Frustration over the calls was poured out on him but to justify myself, he was literally shouting my name yaar!” he whined like a child while Anushka looked at him amused. This was a new side she was witnessing.

“I don't have to say anything as you know what you both have to do but remember you are youth icons,” Anushka said. “Hmm. Leave this, are you free tomorrow?” Virat questioned. Anushka nodded, “Yep! I am free,” she said.

“Okay then, 6:30 PM. Tomorrow,” he said and started planning things in his head for the day. He had too many things on mind but needed some opinions which also meant talking to his best friend.

Anushka was confused but replied with a small okay and looked at the screen ahead, one wondering about the next day while the other planning things for the next day.

~•~

Next morning, the environment within the team was different. Everyone, mainly the new players, were waiting for things to unfold. Some expected drama while some expected two different practice sessions. Reality was far from their imagination.

Virat entered the ground with his usual ‘pissed off’ expression. Well, Mr. Rohit Sharma was late, again or we can say as usual. The team quickly formed a circle to discuss the details for today's practice.

“Can you tell him to be on time! Main bol bol ke thak gaya hu, meri toh sunta nahi, koi aur try karlo. Pata nahi kab sudhrega. Raat ko sota bhi late hai aur subah phir late uthna haj-” Virat was interrupted in his ranting by none other than the man himself.

“Ghadi uda ke nahi la sakta!” he said while many snickered hearing the proper Mumbaiya hindi and also the bickering between the two.

“Ha toh get up on time na, ghadi seedhe hi aa jayegi,” Virat rolled his eyes while Rohit was already ready with his answer, “Well, I can't help it that we have traffic in Mumbai and also the fans outside who were waiting for us,” The youngsters looked surprised, weren't these two the same people who were blaming and shouting on one another?