- An addition to the family -

Author's note
The music doesn't work after you scroll down to read the chapter. I put it so that there could be an idea of
the ambient on the background of the story.

I suggest listening to it for a better atmosphere.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

----------------------------------------

V

"Ellen Leott, 23 years old, born in Italy. She moved here in San Francisco about a year ago after accepting Leo's proposal to marry him." Jungkook's voice filled the room echoing in between the walls the information they had gathered on the missing woman displayed on the laptop seated in front of him.

From the couch he leaned forward towards the screen to read out loud. "She doesn't keep in touch with her family, and since she's been here only for a little while, she doesn't have any friends or acquaintances, but we can't be sure since her phone broke." He paused as his orbs flue up to Taehyung with a hesitant look. "That's certainly helpful..." he mumbled under his breath followed by a light cough and carried on. "She has a precise schedule in her notebook that didn't include any sort of job, just grocery shopping, and dance lessons." He frowned for the millionth time even though he had read the information over and over again as it still confused him.

His attention fell back on Taehyung, who kept quiet since he came back from Palazzi's house about an hour ago. He cleared his throat a couple of times but nothing seemed to attract the attention of his superior, as he was now deep in his own world of, apparently, non-sharing thoughts.

As he was about to call out for his name, Taehyung spoke while keeping his gaze on the floor. "Broken phone."

"Uh?" Asked Jungkook perplexed.

"No job." Continued Taehyung while rubbing his chin gently. "I'm not getting it."

"A devoted girlfriend I suppose?"

Taehyung tilted his head. "It doesn't make any sense. Yet, it does."

Jungkook looked down for a moment and thought. "You mean we have enough information, as do we not."

"Exactly

"Exactly." Taehyung snapped his fingers nervously.

"Do you think he's hiding something?" Asked his partner with a serious expression.

"I don't think he's hiding something." Stated the detective with a firm tone. "I'm sure he is." He got up from the sofa and circled around to his desk. His hand grabbed the ripped piece of paper. "I found this address inside a box of sleeping pills in her room. As far as I know, this.." he enthesized demonstrating it to Jungkook while shaking it in his hands. "...Is the only suspicious thing I found in their house. Which makes it even more so." He banged it on the small table in front of Jungkook as he shoved it close to him.