- A mear victim -

XXIII

The white door of the hospital room opened, revealing two doctors and a nurse, dressed in white coats, walking out with impassive expressions. Taehyung and the others stood up after waiting for some time and asked them for permission to talk to him.

"You can but, I suggest you let him rest. He took a pretty bad fall and is still shocked from it." Spoke one of the doctors.

"We understand, it won't take long." Taehyung reassured him with professionalism.

The doctor moved aside to let him in. Just then, a short figure amongst the men, rushed to get inside the room but was stopped by the police officer.

"Miss, you can't go in there." He said while clasping her shoulder.

"I want to see him, please!" Penelope pleaded hysterically, that only made things worse for her as they wouldn't have let her in at all after her frantic behavior.

Taehyung stood in front of her. "We will let you know how he is, you have my word. But for now, it's best for you to go home. You've been under a shocking event, I'm guessing you're feeling tired." He spoke with his deep voice trying to keep her calm.

"I just want to see if he's okay! Let me in! Please!"

"Miss Moore, this is a current police investigation, I advise you to lower your voice and let us do our job for Mr. Palazzi's safety." Taehyung spoke with seriousness and a raw voice, not putting up with her invasive mood anymore. "Are you close to him?"

Penelope opened her mouth but then shut it, not knowing how to answer to that. "N-no.. but-"

"Then I'm afraid you must go now."

Penelope, convinced by his seriousness, dropped her gaze and slowly nodded.

"Jungkook!" Taehyung called out to him and he immediately stood next to them. "Escort her outside and ask an officer to make sure she gets home safely. After that, come back here immediately."

Jungkook replied with a nod and looked at Penelope who was eyeing him closely. He made an uncomfortable expression, which didn't go unnoticed to Taehyung, and slowly led her away from there.

After following them with his gaze, his attention fell on Jimin who was deeply staring at Leo's room.

"Who is she? And why was she so keen on seeing him?" He asked him.

Jimin averted his eyes from the room to his friend. "She has just a major crush on him."

Taehyung scoffed. "Persistent one isn't she?"

"More like annoying as hell." Jimin blurted out.

As the atmosphere turned serious again, Taehyung put his hands in his pockets and stared at his friend. "I wouldn't ask you this if it weren't necessary, but do you think you can come inside? You're a witness and I need to see if the events match." He asked him attentively, fearing he might lose control of his feelings.

Jimin kept staring at the door. "I can."

~

Jungkook was quietly walking behind Penelope, making sure she wouldn't make any sudden U-turns when she abruptly spun towards him and narrowed her eyes.

"What are you doing here?" She asked him while crossing her arms.

"Working?" He answered a bit confused.

She leaned forward to take a good look at him. "Don't you remember me?"

His eyebrows crashed as he looked to his side, trying to remember whether he had ever met an annoying person like her. "I don't."