- Loss of trust -

XLI

Palms clasped together right in front of his chest and eyes roundly pleading and shining, Jungkook had been begging Eda for the past ten minutes as if she were some sort of worshipping goddess of solutions. With that said, Eda watched him beg for her help with a shrugging mouth.

"What exactly do you expect me to do?" She kept her stance with her arms tightly folded because of the slightly uncomfortable feeling of attention she was getting from the police department, not to mention Jungkook who had not been helping with keeping things out of sight or sensitive in any matter.

"Please, doctor." Jungkook pressed showcasing his prayers to an indifferent Eda.

Eda frowned. "Am I even allowed in here?" She turned to a doll-looking Taehyung who had been standing right behind her, silently listening or more like spacing out in the comforts of Eda's control.

Taehyung stuttered at the sudden confrontation. "Y-you can stay in as a- ugh... witness." He cleared his throat avoiding eye contact with the stubborn woman, totally indifferent from his attitude back at the restroom.

Eda's eyes doubled for a moment after his response. She had been expecting at least his pride to take over and decline Jungkook's request or more like demand for her to not interfere with other personal cases. But seemed like he was worried that Taehyung might launch on to him again. So he himself seemed unsure of continuing the case if she weren't there with him.

How can he trust me like this?

She sighed while staring at his gulping figure. She looked back at Jungkook who had his hands dropped to his sides before immediately pressing them together after sensing her eyes on him. Eda lifted her hand to stop any further pleading from him as she huffed and slowly nodded. Jungkook's relief wasn't unnoticed by anyone in the room as he thanked her about six times before going back to talking with the head police officer.

Eda then looked back at Taehyung who happened to be staring right back at her with intent eyes.

"You don't have to stay if you don't want to." He spoke lowly at her as if to study her reactions and expressions. But became nothing new to him when he could not decipher her.

Eda looked at the room for a couple of seconds before speaking while she kept a steady and cold glare at the white door.

"I guess I could wait here for a while. If it makes you feel at ease that is."

Her voice, her look, her stance, as well as her entire aura, had Taehyung staring at her in awe. There was something. Something that had him completely captured by her essence.

"Why?" He asked surprising both her and himself at his query. But his mouth had opened before his brain could process his thoughts as he slowly regained his composure. Why? Why would she do it? Why was she even there? What would she gain from this?

Eda parted her lips before shutting them as an unreadable expression overcame her sharp features. Taehyung unconsciously slid closer, too eager to know her answer as he'd expect who knows what kind of revelation.

The young woman did not flinch at his move and rather mimicked his action by taking a big step towards him feeling challenged.

"Because that's what I do."

Taehyung tilted his head in confusion.

Eda stared at his perplexed face, finding it quite amusing. Her lips curved upwards for a split second catching Taehyung off guard as he became even more confused. Just what was going on in that woman's mind?

"I'm a therapist. Besides you asked me to help with the investigations." She blurted as she regained her blank expression.

Taehyung had almost forgotten how he was the one to involve her in the investigation of Ellen's disappearance. He shut his eyes for a moment and nodded as he found it completely logical until another thought crossed his mind. He looked back at her who had been staring at him with the same demeanor and narrowed his eyes.