- Trust goes both ways -

XXXIII

Eda reached the grand floor of the hospital and dragged her feet in haste towards the nearest vending machine. A strong smell of onion hit her nostrils and almost choked her. Curiosity, as to find out where it came from, her eyes squinted when she spotted a person hiding behind a wall near the entrance and staring around as if to look for something. Or someone.

She scoffed at his amusing incapacity to make his suspicious appearance less obvious. From his gaping eyes, to his tense body, shaking and turning his head to different directions, nobody and she quoted, nobody would ever suspect of him.

What an idiot.

Eda ignored him and went back to her primary concern, which would've started to eat her entire stomach if she didn't swallow something fast before starving to death. To her biggest relief, her search had come to an end.

At the corner near the waiting hall, was situated a blue vending machine waiting to be paid for exclusive services. Expired ones more like it, which set better to Eda's mind who rolled her eyes annoyingly.

She took out some cents and stepped in front of it with a bored expression, scrutinizing the many options that it had to offer. Onion crackers, energy bars, onion flavored potato chips, onion flavored biscuits, onion bread sticks, onion, onion... onion.

So that's where the smell of onion came from all of the sudden...

The corners of her lips curved down, as she shrugged and decide upon the alluring onion-flavored potato chips. Internally whining at the small size of the package they had chosen to produce it with. She had made a mental note to find whoever they were and punish them for such a despicable act towards lack of enough substantial food supplies to a possible zombie apocalypse.

She laughed at her own thoughts and shook her head. Her hand pushed the cash inside the hole and pressed the buttons on the right. The number chosen ignited the machine to slowly push the package at the front. When to the edge of it, it just suddenly bumped on the glass and got stuck in between the way to its purpose.

No reaction came from the woman staring at it with no particular emotion or thought crossing her blank face. Eda bit her inner cheek and debated.

"You asked for it."

Her right leg moved backward and used force to swing it towards the vending machine, as she hit the living hell out of it with one strong front kick. The act had an effective impact to her liking as it also made fall many other food packages with the one she had chosen.

She shrugged one more time and crunched down to collect her rewards when a presence appeared behind her.

"Well... I should use your method. Seems very effective."

Eda stopped her movements and lifted her eyes at the realization of the deep voice that had spoken to her. Chills rushed all over her body and a feeling of disorientation overwhelmed her senses, and just like that, the whole world had fallen on top of her.

Taehyung on the other hand was smiling at her, amused by her action and waiting for her response. He watched her stand up with a lot of packages in her arms and turn to him with her signature unbothered expression.

"Hello, detective."

"Hello, doctor."

Shit.

~

"These are the prescriptions of the doctor." The nurse pushed the small piece of paper on the counter towards Aanya. The latter bit her lips and read it in hesitation.