pt 5) "practice"

[Y/n's POV]

The next morning I wake up and start getting dressed. After I get dressed I hear a knock on the door.

Y/n: who is it?!?!?!?

No one answers, so I go over and open the door, no one was there. I see notes stuck to the rest of our teams dorm rooms doors and a few other team mates walk out in confusion we all look at the notes

Early practice today. 12:00. Game at 4. Meet at the main rink. No Pads or gear, just skates.

~Bombay

Fulton: no gear?

Dwayne: I'm confused y'all how do we practice with just our skates? No gear?

Adam: I guess we'll. Just have to find out

[11:30 am]

I stated to get ready for our so called "practice". I grabbed a pair of black leggings, a white t-shirt, and a red and white sweatshirt that said Detroit red wings on the front of it with the detroit teams symbol. I slid on my converse and grabbed my small bag throwing my ice skates inside. The team gathered in front our dorms and we walked the the lockeroom to put on our skates. We get onto the ice with absolutely no gear and we huddle up infront of our coach.

Luis: how exactly are we supposed to practice with no gear coach

Bombay: well Mr. Mendoza, today we are focusing on hockey. And what is hockey, a game, and games are fun, so I thought maybe for today we could relax before our game and have some fun.

Fulton: coach you don't mean.....
*Fulton says with a look of confusion, concern but also excitement*

Bombay: yes I do mean
*Bombay says as he hands Dwayne a rope*

As soon as we see Dwayne's mischievous smirk we all scatter him chasing after us. We did this game once before we ended our first practice in Minnesota. As Dwayne got people out coach blew the whistle and our teammates went to the bench in the box at where Bombay was standing. Finally, I was the last one standing everyone cheering us on I skate around the rink, I turn around and skate backwards facing Dwayne.

Y/n: c'mon cowboy! You can do better than that

Dwayne: yeah, you right I can

Dwayne speeds up and finally catches me. I fall backwards on the ice. Dwayne skates over to me.

Dwayne: you you like some help getting up ma'am?
*He says with a smile on his face giggling a little*

Y/n: yes I would love some help

I smile at him as he lifts me off the ice.