Chapter 5

Scarlets POV:

The walk to the school was pleasant. Both girls would giggled so adorably when Master William held them. It made my heart joyous.

I was envious, sadly, of there joy. It was wronge of me to feel that way, I was a slave I didn't deserve having anything they did. But deep deep down, I wanted to be happy one day. I won't ever though. A slave doesn't deserve happiness.

I stayed silent as master William talked to the secretary at the front desk. I could tell the secretary was werewolf by the way master William was talking to her.

"Scarlet, are you ready to go?" Said master William. I didn't look up at him but nodded and fallowed him outside.

The school and the mansion were not very far away from each other. There was a forest that separated the two. Several pathways opened up for hikers and walkers along the sidewalk.

Master William didn't say anything as we walked. I was not allowed to speak without being spoken to.

"So Scarlet how long have you been in slavery?" Asked master William. I was surprised at his question. Masters usually knew everything.

"Two years master." I said softly.

"Why did you want to become a slave?" He said. His voice was harsh at this question.

"I didn't master. My mother sold me to them." I said trying to hold back the memories of that day.

"Oh." Master William said. He didn't ask any more questions after that.

Not to long after we arrived at the house. I mentally did a checklist of all the things that had to be accomplished. Dishes needed to be done, rooms needed to be cleaned, laundry needed to be done, lunch needed to be made, I needed to start dinner, I needed to wash mistress Kelsey's feet, and clean the tile in the kitchen as well as the bathrooms.

As master William opened the door, usually I would do that but it was locked and I did not have a key, and we walked inside, I saw that mistress Kelsey and master Dan were both sitting in the front room. I imminently bowed.

"Oh scarlet! Please stand up." Said mistress Kelsey. "Can you do something for me dear?" Said mistress.

"Of course mistress Kelsey. How can I be of our service?" I said softly.

"I would absolutely love a blanket right now. Would you please go grab me one from the living room?" She said.

"Of course mistress. Right away." I said before I hurriedly walked to the living room and grabbed the softest blanket I could find.

As I walked back I noticed that master William had disappeared. Maybe he went to check on Veronica. I haven't seen her since we were loaded on the crate. I hope she is ok.