Chapter 32

Unknown POV
I had shot him before thinking about the effects. Scarlett's scream of terror echoed in my mind. I knew the pain of the silver bullets was burning William from the inside out, melting his heart; slowly dragging his life to hell. Silver bullets were rarely used anymore because they were a pain in the ass to make. I only used them rarely, for special occasions.
After hearing him tell her such hurtful things, I couldn't heal but to protect my princess. I was going to be in so much trouble, killing a werewolf without a solid reason was punishable by death.
"Who are you? What's going on?"she sounded so frightened, her hands had moved the soft, cloud like blanket to cover her chest. She pressed herself against the wall behind her in fear. I sighed, looking at William softly, then back at her. I softly closed my eyes thinking about what to say next; I opened them when I heard the footsteps of men running through the front door, several stories down. There wasn't much time to explain the whole situation to my confused princess, so I did what most angels do in hectic times.
I panicked. Quickly I tucked the gun away into my holster and reached out my hand for her to take. "You have to trust me, please. Its not safe for you here." I said. The footsteps grew louder and louder, the light in the hall flipped on.
"Whats your name?" she said hesitantly.
"why does that even matter!" I yelled frustratedly. I could hear yelling and the cocking of guns through the door. "My name is John ok! Now come on!" She grabbed my hand.

Scarlett's POV:
John. John was his name. Without another thought I grabbed his hand.
John was a name that I had never heard before. It seemed strong, reliable, safe. Why had he killed william? Why had William tried to kill me? What was a moon goddess? Ever since I came to this place it's been insane. A part of me wished for the normalcy of the slave house.
"Thank god." he breathed out frustrated. His face was contorted into a frustrated grin. He pulled me up to my feet near him then breathed in calmly. A sheer white cloud encompassed us as he breathed out and the cloud became cold as it became thicker and thicker. It wasn't a moment later that we were in the middle of a forrest, I gasped in suprise, jumping out og his arms. I felt pain run up my tailbone and palms as I landed on the hard dirt.
"Whoa be careful princess!" John exclaimed. He stuck out his hand to help me up. It was clean, completely clean, not a wrinkle or hair to be seen. His skin was a flawless pale complexion, it almost radiated the moons glow. I looked up at his face, though covered by darkness it was easy to see his most distinguishing feature. A scar, beginning at the top of his forehead it went through his eye, down his right cheek, then made a jagged left turn, went through his lip and then disappeared under his chin. I gasped at the sight, not in fear or horror, but in surprise. It looked almost identical to the one I had on my stomach.
John had dark brown eyes, as I gasped they widened in realization at what I was seeing. He quickly turned and drew his hand away from helping me up. I stumbled to my feet, I had offended him. This creature who saved me from death, "Wait!" I exclaimed, my voice surprised me. It was strong, loud and powerful. Nothing like how I was taught to speak, "Please sir, I didnt mean to offend you. Your scar is almost identical to my own, it only shocked me of the resemblance." I said softly, reaching my hand out to gently touch his shoulder. He wore a dark black trench coat, it seemed to be made out of velvet but was worn down by the elements.
"You have a scar like this?" Johns voice was weary and distant. As my hand touched his shoulder he flinched and took a step away from me. I recoiled my hand and took a step away as well. When I touched him a light shock went through my body, as if electricity was coursing through my veins.
"Yes, I have one almost identical." I said softly, holding my hand to my chest and bowing my head. A light breeze started to blow and my body shivered. My small nightgown stood no match for the cold.
John slowly turned around as a tremor of cold raced through my body. He saw my body convulse in the cold, as my teeth chattered. "Here," he said as he slid off his trench coat. "Take this, it will keep you warm for the hike." he handed me the coat. I noticed his arms, they were defined. Not overly muscular, but not weak and thin. His shoulder were the same, I couldn't see any of his skin though. It was covered by a long black shirt that hugged his body.
"Thank you sir." I said as I shakily grabbed the coat. He nodded then turned around stepping over fallen tree branchs and rocks. "Sir? May I ask you a question?" I said, slowly I slid on the coat. No one had ever given me anything. Besides William, but he tried to kill me.
"Go ahead. Stop calling me sir, it makes me sound old. My name is John." his voice was rough but had light accent that I couldn't put my finger on.
"Where are we? Whats going on?" I said bowing my head to the ground looking for obstacles as John led me through the forrest. He was silent for a moment, I looked up to see if he was even in front of me anymore. He was right in front of me dead still. I stopped in my tracks so I wouldn't run into him.
"Whats your name?" he asked. I furrowed my brow in confusion.
"Scarlett." I said confused.
"How long have you been called that Scarlett?" He asked. He went from looking to the ground to looking up. His neck pulsating from being in the position.
"For a couple of weeks," I said, growing in confusion. I took a step forward, stepping over the moss covered rock that was in the way. I was standing next to him, looking at the ground I saw several rocks. They were smooth and colorful, each was laced with reds and browns and golds.
"Who was the person that took you from the slave house?" he said. It was obvious that he was growing in frustration when he turned sharply and looked at me with his eyes. They seemed to pierce through me, like little daggers.
He froze, staring at me with his beautiful eyes. I couldn't move, I couldn't breath, I couldn't speak. The moon shined through the trees illuminating his side profile, a little tuff of hair caught the light perfectly and radiated off of it. He looked angelic. We were silent, gazing into each other's eyes for what seemed like years.
"Um, well, I..." I tried to answer, my tongue became caught on the words every time I tried.
"Scarlett..." He said, his voice no longer was laced with frustration. It was smooth and sexual, angelic. "You are so beaut-" he began to say but quickly stopped talking and whipped around and began walking back down the road. "Um, yeah. Come on we need to keep moving. Your mother wants to see you."
"My mother?" I said confused. I tripped over a log but caught myself quickly. Stumbling to keep up with the man that saved my life. His back muscles were contracted and curved in, as he looked at the ground in front of him.
"Yes, the moon goddess." he said turing back to look at me over his shoulder. He chuckled as he watched me jump over a log that he had just glided over. "Here, let me help."
He held out his perfect hand for me to grasp. I looked up and slowly put my hand in his. I caught his eye again, and he froze. He took in a deep breath, closing his eyes; he seemed to be trying to gain more control, I stayed still.
John groaned as he grabbed my hand, slowly he brought it to his shoulder. As soon as he rested it onto his body it was like an explosion of desire went through my body. I wanted to be closer. I wanted him to touch me. I wanted to touch him. I wanted to smell him. I wanted him to open his beautiful eyes. I wanted him to wrap me in his arms and never let me go.
"John..." I breathed. "John, whats happening to me?" I said, my usual soft voice seemed to become rough with the need of him to be closer. I took a small step closer, trying to close the distance.
His eyes were tightly shut, and his face was contorted in a way of extreme focus. I felt his other hand slowly wrap around my waist and pull me closer to him. My chest touched his and I could smell him. Another wave of need washed over me, and without thinking I stepped closer and filled any gap between us. Burrowing my head into his chest I could feel the slightly muscular physic under his thin shirt.
"Scarlett," His voice was intoxicating now, "your mine."
I froze, startled by his words. His? Like a mate? My mind raced at the things that John could have meant.
"What?" I said my voice soft. I felt the hand that was holding mine to his shoulder slowly run down my jacket covered arm to my waist. He pressed both hands under his jacket, my small nightgown began to ride up as his hands pulled the fabric to the back. His arms contracted around my waist pressing me unbelievably closer to him.
"You. Are. Mine." He paused for a moment between each word. Emphasizing their importance. "You are my queen, my princess, my life, my angel, my mate. You are no one else's. You belong to me." He paused for a moment, I felt his lips rest themselves against the top of my head.
"John, what about William? I dont understand what is happening." I said confused. Was it possible to have two mates in a lifetime?
"No, you are an angel Scarlett. Angels and werewolves do not mate, the only exception to that was your adoptive parents. Even then though it is still debated if they ever really were mates. William tried to kill you Scarlett, he was ordered by his father to have you murdered because you are the moon goddess's daughter. Listen, we will go over all of this later. We have to keep moving, your mother is not the most patient woman." He chuckled and began to take a step away. I gasped at the pain that took over once his body left mine. Falling to the ground in agony, I could see the forrest slowly disappear in a sea of black and I could hear John telling me something but it was to late. I was drowning in the blackness around me.