Chapter 17

I was floating. White fluffy clouds seemed to carry me away. I gently caressed them as I passed by. Where was I? It seemed to be as if I was in heaven. Suddenly I was falling, fast and hard toward what I thought was the ground. I opened my mouth to scream but no words came out.
There was no sound in my falling state. No wind whipping past my ears, or a gentile hiss.
I closed my eyes and let the feeling overtake me.

Williams POV

"Scarlett!" I screamed against the guards. I heard the fire of the gun. I knew that it was from that witch, I knew she was gone. My beautiful baby, my mate, gone. I roared and pulled against them.
"Stop! She is fine! The bullets are non lethal. She will just go into a dream state! Stop resisting!" The guards yelled. I couldn't listen though. I had to see her, I had to feel her body breathing under my fingertips. I needed to see my mate! I jumped against them again.
"William! Stop!" My mom yelled running through the doors. "William she is ok! I promise. Sweetie calm down!" She said softly grasping my face between her hands.
I growled. "I want her!" I roared. I saw her lips move but no words came out of them. I started to see red. I felt Jasper's presence begin to flourish within my body. Jasper was my werewolf, he only came out like this when I needed him or when I was letting my anger control my thoughts.
-William control your self. Our mate is fine. I connected with her. She is in her own Utopia. She is safe.- Jasper's rough voice spoke relaxing my body.
I stopped struggling. Mom sighed dropping her hands from my face. "Thank you." She said tiredly. "I'm getting to old for your temper tantrums." She joked.
"Why are you so calm? Scarlett got shot! That witch girl is going to take her from me!" I roared. "Why wouldn't they let me help her!"
"William that women is the most wanted witch in the whole supernatural kingdom. You would have scared her off. Now she is captured, put in the cells, and is going to be shipped off to the council tonight. Relax. Scarlett was never in harms way." She said softly.
"You got Scarlett to get the witch, didn't you." I said dumbfounded. She nodded.
"Scarlett will be freed from her slave position tonight. She will be free to leave tomorrow morning." She said calmly.
"No. She can't leave! She is my mate!" I said.
"William, she hasn't seen freedom or joy in so long. She needs to be free. Let her go. If she is your mate then she will come back son." She said sadly touching my arm lovingly. I shook my head. She couldn't leave. She was mine.

Jezebel POV:
They really though iron bars would retain a fully powered witch.
I'm coming for you 977501, your powers will be mine. Your body will be mine. Your soul will be mine. And there is nothing you or your dogs can do about it.