Chapter 9

Scarlett's pov
What in the world was going on? Master William never did anything like this for me. I was just a slave.
"Master William? May I ask you a question?" I asked quietly. I was taught to never speak out of line, this was a leap of faith.
"Of course my sweet. Just call me William ok?" He said. His voice was angelic, soft and caring. He never spoke like this to me.
"What does mate mean?" I asked looking at the last step of the stairs. The carpet was a lovely shade of dark red.
"It means that my wolf was made for you.And that the moon goddess made you just for me. Were meant to be together forever."he said. I didn't look up at him to see his expression, I was to shocked.
Me and William were supposed to be together? Moon goddess? Forever? I grew up thinking that I was a slave, that I was sold from man to man. I was never supposed to have a happily ever after.
"Forever?" I whispered. "Were mates? How?" I started to panic "I'm only a slave! I'm not supposed to have love in my life! I don't deserve it! I don't get to have a happily ever after!" By the end I was screaming at him. Shouting word after word, I had finally gathered up the courage to look him in the face.
He was beautiful. His cheek bones were strong along with his chin. He had strong eyes, they were a deep grey. I had never seen so many emotions in eyes before. They looked angry, hurt, rejected. His lips were pressed into a thin hard line, before I could look away he roughly grabbed my arms and pushed me up against the wall.
"You are mine!"he yelled. My courage was gone. I couldn't move.
Images of training flooded through my mind. The hard crack of the whip, one two, three then the pain in my left breast. "10!" I screamed at master Trent. The crack, one, two, three, the pain now on my stomach. "11!" I screamed as tears flooded my cheeks. I sobbed, crack, one, two, three. I could feel anymore. "12!" I yelled. I could start to feel blood dripping off my toes, my body was numb from the whips.
"Your done now slave."master Trent said as he went to put the whip down onto the table in the corner. After setting it softly on the table he picked up the keys to my arm and feet chains and walked back over. I didn't look up at him when he neared me. "Thank you master."I said softly as he undid my restraints. Tears continued to flow as my hands flopped down to my sides, I could start to feel the blood rushing to my fingertips. I felt a sting on my cheek then I was on the ground.
"Stay there you filthy piece of shit. No one will ever love you. No one will ever save you. You don't get to have a happy ending. Ever! You hear me you filthy slut! You hear me!" He screamed every word at me. He kicked me, I heard bones crack. I continued my silent sobs curled up on the floor.