Chapter 30

Williams pov:

As I sat in my fathers office waiting for him to arrive, I thought about Scarlett. Her long flowing hair, the scar right under her eye, her thin, pale body, with her beautiful abyss of eyes. She was stunning. So stunning that I knew that letting her out of my sight was not an option. If I was going to have her forever, then I would have to keep everyone away. I would close the borders, no one would enter the tall walls of the castle. She would be hidden. Just as she was meant to be.
I heard the door knob turn and the creaking of the old wooden door swing open.
"Hello son. Sorry about the lateness, April threw a vase at your mother when she said she could not have the cookie." He said laughing sinisterly. I knew what that meant, I was down a sister. My father was a kind, humorous, gentle, man on the front; but a devious, menacing man behind closed doors. He had killed my sister, again. It wasn't the first time a sibling of mine had died at the hands of my father. Nor would it be the last.
"No problem sir. You wanted to discuss the slave?" I said bowing my head. Behind closed doors, he was king.
" Yes, 977501 green. I have done my research and looked into the books on the moon goddess, the slave is the daughter of the moon goddess." His face showed no emotion as he told me this. "You must kill her immediately."
My mouth dropped in shock. "Sir? That must be impossible. The daughter of the moon goddess?"
He walked to his black leather chair and sat down. The leather crinkling and squeezing under his weight. "You will understand and trust me boy. Or you will face the same bloody fate April did. Do you understand?" His voice was eerily calm and quiet. I nodded and bowed. "You will kill her immediately."
I nodded and stood.

Unknown POV:

I took another step toward the beautiful creature. So calm and peaceful in slumber. I smiled at her parted lips and the small amount of drool leaking out of them. I was close enough to the large, white bed now; I raised my hand slowly and placed it just above her left rib cage. I was not touching her but I could feel the sleepful heat radiating from her small frame.
"Déesse lune ouvrent la porte à son esprit. Lui montrer son chemin, lui donner la force de connaître son sort. Lui donner les ailes qui vous fera planer sur les terres que votre fille; faire à votre guise à travers elle. Déesse de la lune je prie ." (Moon goddes open the door to her mind. Show her her path, give her the strength to know her fate. Give her the wings that will soar over the lands as your daughter; doing as you please through her. Moon goddess i pray.) I smiled as I finished my prayer. The moon goddess would protect this stunning creature. As I took a step back I heard heavy footsteps approaching the door. Quickly I vanished, perk of being an angel, vanishing skills. Invisibility is awesome.
"I will kill her. I will kill her. I will kill her. Father will be pleased. I will kill her. I will kill her. I will kill her." I recognized the voice, William. The dreaded prince of this horrid place, just as bad as his father. Deadly, unethical, and mean a hell. He was going to kill my princess. I glared at the door, willing it to keep shut. I heard the door turn, and the squeaking of the rusty hinges. I watched Scarlett, hoping she would wake from the noise and save herself but, she didn't. I began to panic as I saw his foot creep into the room, his body fallowing.
Oh moon goddess don't fail me now! I was frozen in shock as I heard him begin to mumble, " Father will be pleased. Father will be pleased. Father will be pleased. Kill her slowly. Make the moon goddess cry in pain. Father will be pleased."
He carried an ornately jeweled dagger in his right hand. He continued to mumble his words, trying to convince himself of committing murder. I took a step towards the bed and covered my body with hers. Older angels are able to fly with their wings tucked away, another perk. It's hilariously funny to sneak up on someone that way.
Just as he rose the dagger up to pierce her chest I became visible again, and screamed. He jumped back in shock then covered his ears in pain, falling to the ground in pain; an angle had ear destroying screams. I was able to concentrate all of the noise directly to him, so I wouldn't alarm anyone else.
After about thirty seconds I stopped my attack on his ears and once again became invisible. He stayed on the floor holding his ears. I chuckled to myself and changed where I stood. I decided my new place would be right next to the bed, standing protectively in front of her. It was about five minutes before William moved, when he did though I heard him say "damn what was that? Maybe father was right." He shook his head trying to rid himself from the ringing that must still be there.
He looked at Scarlett again, his face told me he was contemplating his next move. "Father will kill me if I don't kill her." He said unsure of himself. I shook my head, what an amazing father. Slowly he made his way towards her again, his dagger still placed in his hand. I watched his movements, calculating what he would do next.
"William? What's going on?" I heard Scarlett's angelic voice speak from behind me.