chapter two; new players

aimee monet

we meet at the ice rink where we're meant to meet our new players. i skate over to connie and guy.

"i so hope there's a girl"

"same. we really need it"

"yeah, maybe spazzway and little banksie over there can finally get a girlfriend" i laughed

"hey we heard you!" charlie and adam yelled. connie and i laughed.

"that's luis mendoza. fastest skater you'll ever see. clocked him 1.9 seconds blue line to blue line" tibbles says. he's pretty attractive i'll be honest.

"he's a good looking skater" connie said as she checked him out.

"he is isn't he" i watch as he skates around the rink.

"very good looking. what do you think guy?" averman asks.

"shut up averman" guy elbows him right in the stomach and falls behind connie. ouch

"not very nice germaine" i playfully glared at him.

"oh yeah monet? says you. you beat my ass for anything i do"

"hey! i have my reasons!" i laughed.

"only one minor problem. has a little trouble stopping." as he said that he skates right into the board. ouch

"yeah i bet" goldberg said.

"Yee-haw! How is everyone! Y'all ready to play some puck?" a cowboy stepped forward. a very southern accent

"hey look, it's hopalong gretzky " jesse exclaimed which sent laughters around the team
we turned out heads to the boy who was handling the puck.

"dwayne robertson from austin. best puck handler i've ever seen"

"you mean for his age right?"

"no i don't"

"he's good don't you think" i said while focusing on the cowboy

"yeah. but im better." i look at guy who's proudly standing next to me. i push his shoulder making him trip over his own skates causing him to fall.

"you wish germaine" i chuckled before putting my hand out. he grabs on to it and gets up and a light tint of red rushed to his cheeks.

"looking a bit red there guy" i smirked.

"yeah whatever. keep dreaming" he said and runs his hand through his hair. i quickly look away. it was kinda hot ngl. he's hot. but i'm hotter so.

mr tibbles continued to introduce the rest of the new players. they were good. pretty sure some of the team even thought they were good looking. (i'm looking at you connie). i looked over at banks during julies introduction and practically saw him drooling over her. i laughed at the sight.

soon enough, the ducks and the newbies began to start an argument. they were all getting up eachother faces for literally nothing. idiots. goldberg was arguing with julie because he thinks he's a better goalie. like goldy i love u but she's so much better. just as i was about to step in and defend julie, coach blew a whistle so incredibly loud it could pop your eardrums like coach, calm down man. everyone suddenly shut up and turned their heads.

"Everybody freeze!" coach yelled, "Now, we didn't come here to fight! We came here to play hockey!We're Team U.S.A. You reresent your country."

"That's right."

"Now, i want you-" mr tibbles interrupted him.
"To be all that you can be, right?

coach looked at him as he rambled on, clearly annoyed at him.