chapter ten; first game, first win

aimee monet

we all walked into the stadium. it was huge. i felt guys arm sling around me and he looked at me and just smiled. i felt my cheeks heat up. his smile always got me. banks gave me a questioning look and pointed to our hands but i just shrugged my shoulders at him. we got ready to play against trinidad and we were all very hyped. everyone was excited to play their first game as team usa.
"i cant wait to smash their team"portman exclaimed.
"neither. we are going to win for sure" charlie excitedly said. we went out as they introduced us into the ice and started to warm up. the ref told us to get into positions since the game was about to start. i was ready to kick some ass.

"hey goodluck out there" guy smiled.
"thanks. you too" i responded. i took right wing and left was taken by guy. jesse took the face off and the ref blew the whistle and immediately jesse took the puck, knocking one of the trinidad's player down. he made his way up to the blue line in their zone and passes the puck to me. i fake which caused their goalie to go the opposite way and score. they all cheered for me and soon enough we got back into the game.
"change it up!" coach yelled. i skated towards the bench and sat next to luis and guy sat to my right.
"good job on the score aimes" guy cheered as he took his helmet off. he was all sweaty but he looked very good.
"yeah thanks. couldn't do it with the assist" i winked.
"okay we get it. you two are in love" luis butted in. we both shoot him a glare as he throws his arms in the air in defeat. i turn my head to see adam had shot another point.
"yes banks!" i yelled. coach did another line change and i was back on the ice. jesse passed the puck to guy but a trinidad player stole it and quickly skated to our zone and scored. we managed to get the puck back and jesse scored and we won, 9-1 against the trinidad.
"that wasn't a game, that's was a statement!" coach excitedly cheered. 

we got back to the motel and i grabbed my phone and called larson.
"larson!" i excitedly said.
"aimes! you did so well on your game. congrats on the win!"
"thanks! it was such a good first game"
"i could tell. anyways how's you and guyyy" he sung.
"okay i guess. i mean we sat on the plane together."
"OMG WHAT HAPPENED. DID YOU KISS" larson screamed into the phone
"no we didn't." i laughed, "but i fell asleep and he rested my head on his shoulder and we held hands on the plane"
"YESSSS. THATS THE MONET IM TALKING ABOUT. "
"and you know what the crazier thing is. coach put me in a room with him and banks"
"ooo coach bombay knows what's up. wait banks? where is he. LET ME TALK TO HIM"
"alright alright. getting rid of me already wow." i yelled at banks and he immediately ran to the phone when he heard larson's name.

after adam finally finished talking to larson, i called my mum to tell her we won our first game. but it went straight to voicemail. i called her again and the same thing happened. i kept calling her until she finally picked up.
"hey mum guess what!"
"hey love! sorry i was in a meeting earlier. what's going on?"
"we won our first game! and i scored 4 of them!"
"i'm so proud of you hun!" she excitedly said through the phone.
"is dad back yet?"
"no yet hun. he should be soon. they're having a home game soon so hopefully he'll be back. it's their last game for a while so hopefully he'll be able to watch one of your games" i sighed. i knew my dad was big in the hockey world but i wished he took a break. we barely got to see him during the hockey season. i talked to my mum for a bit until she started to get tired so i said goodnight and let her rest.

717 words

717 words

a/n

hi guys i'm sorry if it was boring. i'm not very good at writing hockey games so i apologise if some things doesn't make sense. cant wait for next chapter to release. hope you have a good day and i'll see u next chapter :)