chapter twelve; italy kinda sucks

aimee monet

we got to class that morning as usual and i sat next to averman and guy. the team was sick of this whole school situation. we learnt about chemistry and went on about it for what seemed like hours.

"i'm so tired of this" averman admitted.

"so am i" i agreed.

"at least we got only like 5 minutes left of it." guy chimed in.

"yeah. 5 minutes left of sitting next to this awesome person" i said. they both rolled their eyes.

"what? it's true" i shrugged. ms mckay then gave us another worksheet which we had to complete again. the team groaned as she passed it around.

"do we really have to do this?" goldberg whined.

"unless you don't want to play in tonight's game, then yes. now complete it and then you can go to your interview" she spoke.

"what interview?"

"yeah i didn't know we had an interview"

"i don't want another dumb interview"

"neither do i but it's hendrix choice" she shrugged and sat back down in her desk. we all finished our worksheets and rushed to our rooms to get changed. they had laid out the usa tracksuits which weren't too bad i guess.

"they need to design these tracksuits better" i inspected it.

"i mean it's okay"

"no i agree with aimee" guy spoke up.

"that's only cus you like her" adam rolled his eyes. guy glared at him and i looked at the two confused.

"what?" i questioned

"nothing don't worry. it's just a running joke between the team" he hesitantly said.

"mhm" i raised my brows. he sheepishly smiled at guy before running to the bathroom.

———————————————————————

coach began to answer questions on the podium. just about the team and then how we were going to beat iceland. they were a very good team. they were unstoppable and had a lot of skill.

"hard work. i think our team is ready to go up against the best in the world." he continued on as reporters clapped.

"team usa is going down" stansson spoke up. everyone went silent. the team glanced over at the iceland team. i turned my head and saw one particular player. stahl. he was probably one of the best players on his team.

"see you on the ice bombay" stansson smirked.

"that guys a dentist?" ken was surprised. charlie shook his head.

"that was his nickname. played one year pro. punched more teeth than goals. even punched out his own coach!" i exclaimed.

"i heard they ran him out of the league and country" julie said.

"those guys are huge" ken exclaimed. he wasn't wrong. they were huge. they definitely did not look like teenagers. i got a glance of gunnar i think his name was. he sent me a weak smile before turning around to his team.

"c'mon guys. go back to the motel and get rest. we've got a game to win!" coach yelled.

———————————————————————

we got back to the motel and i called larson and told him everything that happened in the interviews.

"that guy has some nerve! like his team is at least 18 years old. either way, he speaks such bullshit omg" i whined to him.

"you'll be fine aimes. your a good player. you can beat them no matter what." he reassured me.

"i just want to punch him. maybe i will when we verse them" i lightly laughed.

"just don't get kicked off aimes" he laughed, "i'll be ready to watch you later on against italy"

"you better be"
———————————————————————

"alright 1st line, banks, monet, germaine, hall, moreau and averman lets go!" coach yelled. i put my helmet on and skated to the right wing. the ref dropped the puck and adam quickly passed it to me. i skated to italy's zone before faking it and sending the puck to averman who scored.

"let's go averman!" i pulled him into a hug as the rest of the team joined. jesse took the next face off. the ref dropped it and jesse and number 16 fought for the puck. the italy player won it and quickly skated towards the net. guy checked him into the boards making the player lose control of the puck. i managed to get the puck and skated behind the net and quickly passed it to adam. i skated as fast as i could to their net as adam passed it to me and shot. i scored!

"change it up!" i skated back to the bench and took a seat next to julie.

"you alright?" i asked.

"yeah. i just wish coach would put me in" she slumped on the bench.

"tell me about it. i mean goldberg is..okay i guess but your way better. i'm sure you'll get a chance, i mean he has too!" she smiled back before looking back at the game.

"i feel bad for italy. they kinda..suck to put it in a nice way" luis spoke up. we slightly nodded our heads and watched as goldberg taunted one of the players. i smacked my head in disappointment.

"mendoza, monet your in!" coach clapped. we put our helmets back on and skated back onto the ice.

i took right wing as guy took the face off. he got the puck and quickly passed it to me. i skated towards italy's zone when one of their players checked me. i fell to the ground and italy now had the puck.

"your okay monet! keep skating" coach yelled. i got back up and skated as fast as i could. the russian player shot the puck but luckily goldberg saved it. adam got possession of the puck and quickly skated with it. he passed to jesse who fakes and passes it behind to me and i shoot the puck. the goalie missed and i scored. the stadium went wild.

fulton and i skated behind the net and he checked an italy player down which caused them to lose the puck. i quickly stole it and raced down the rink. i passed it to guy who then scored. italy was good, but not as good as us. adam scored another point for us and we were still leading. the buzzer went off as the first period ended, 4-0. period two started and i took the face off. the ref dropped the puck and i managed to take it and knocked one of their players down. i passed it to averman who skated down to their zone and passed it to fulton who did a slap shot and scored. we kept scoring the entire game with only the italy team scoring about twice. we won the game which meant we got to verse iceland in our next game.

"good job team! that's what i'm talking about!" coach beamed.

a/n

a/n

sorry this was kinda irrelevant chapter but more guy and aimee moments next chapter. i didn't rlly know where i was going for this but anyways.

if u have any suggestions please tell me. i'm running out of ideas after the next two chapters.