chapter sixteen: you were better than that

guy germaine

"im bored" charlie whined as he laid back.

"wanna play truth or dare then?" goldberg suggested. everyone agreed.

"okay truth or dare portman" fulton sat up.

"truth" he replied

"do you like julie? and if you say no then we all know your bullshitting" everyone waited for his response. he hesitated for a moment before answering.

"i mean she's cool" he replied. a bunch off "ooo's" echoed in the room and some of them even cheered. we went on with the game until it was my turn.

"guy. truth or dare" charlie asked.

"um dare i guess"

"i dare you to kiss the next girl that walks past" he smugly said. was he insane?

"what the fuck charlie. so suddenly him and aimee just doesn't exist?" portman argued.

"relax it's not like they're dating yet. plus how is she going to find out when she's not here. i don't understand what the de-" charlie shrugged.

"no you don't understand! do you even know what this will do to her?" portman and fulton raised their voices.

"man do you even care about your own goddamn cousin?" jesse shook his head.

"c'mon jesse. ligthen up" goldberg rolled his eyes.

"shut up goldberg!" everyone yelled.

"your going to do it, right guy?" charlie questioned. i stayed silent. i didn't want to.

"your such a pussy" charlie rolled his eyes.

"no he just doesn't want to hurt someone who he cares about" ken shot back.

"your a piece of shit charlie. you too Goldberg. and guy" luis shook his head.

averman turned to look at me, "if you go through with this stupid dare, your dead to me" he glared at me before walking out of the room. followed by jesse, adam, fulton and dean. now the teams mad at charlie, me and goldberg. great.

aimee monet

we've been shopping for like 2 hours. did i find anything? not really. we spent most of our time at the arcade not gonna lie. we walked back to the motel and conveniently passed the gym.

"hey i'm going to head to the gym for a bit.
i'll see you for dinner?" i asked.

"yeah sure. have fun" the girls said and walked back to julies room. i walked into the air conditioned room. i took my crewneck off and walked over to the gym mats to warm up when i coincidentally ran into dean and fulton.

"oh hey guys. fancy seeing you here" i said pulling one of my earphones out.

"oh hey aimes" they hesitantly looked at eachother and looked back at me with a frown.

"what's wrong?" i asked, confused on why they seemed upset.

"nothing don't worry about it. i'd just be careful of guy that's all" before i could even ask why they walked out. be careful of guy? has he done something? who knows. i brushed it off and just warmed up.

averman

"i cant believe he might actually to do it. what is he? an idiot?" i was mad. no furious. not a word in the dictionary can even explain how mad i am. was he really going to kiss some girl, who he doesn't even fucking know, cus charlie called him a pussy?