chapter seventeen; she hates me

aimee monet

"i just don't understand" i cried. i've been crying for the past hour. my mascara is smudged around my eyes, which were bloodshot red and i had a throbbing headache.

"you did nothing wrong. it was him that did it. don't blame this on yourself" jesse reassured.

i silently cried in adam's arms when i heard the door swing open followed by two or four familiar voices.

"what did he do!" julie snapped. luis, scared by her tone, told her everything and next thing you know julie is out the door, storming her way to our room. luis looked terrified of julie. dean slightly shook his head.

"i'm going to follow her before she does something bad" dean softly said. i nodded and connie ran straight to me who immediately hugged me.

"i'm so so sorry aimes. cant believe he did that to you. who would do that to the most gorgeous and best hockey player ever!" she exclaimed. the boys agreed. we heard faint yelling from my room which was next door to which we assumed was julie.

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT" julie screamed, "do you realise whatd you've done?!"

"look i didn't mean to. it-"

"NO. don't even i don't care if it was a dare. that doesn't give you a right to kiss some rat off the streets. and you conway," she turned her head to the timid boy, "don't even get me started on you." julie continued to yell at the two boys before dean finally convinced her it was enough.

"...yeah then dean came in and stopped me but whatever. i wasn't going to waste the rest of my time with them anyways"

"yeah i figured. we could hear you from here" luis laughed. we were all just sitting in the bathroom. me, averman and banks in the tub and the rest spread out on the counter or floor. i leaned on adams shoulder in which averman leaned onto mine. my eyes started to get heavy.

"i need my hoodie. does anyone know where it is?" i asked. everyone shook their heads. "to my room then" i sighed knowing guy was in there.

"no you stay here. me and banks will get them for you." jesse stood up along with adam and left to grab my hoodie

"i didn't even fucking date him yet i'm crying over him for kissing some girl when i didn't even date him" i threw my head back against the wall. what was i thinking? crying over some guy i didn't even date. what have i become.

"hey it wasn't your fault. i mean he literally told you he liked you and then goes off and does this shit. unbelievable" averman muttered.

"he's lucky that dean didn't kill him" fulton chuckled.

"i mean i couldve but i figured that probably wouldnt be a good idea" dean added.

jesse hall

"try not to start a fight?" adam chuckled and looked at me questioningly.

"i'll try" we walked into the room and saw guy sitting on the edge of his bed. crying. he looks up for a second and looks straight back down. i went to go find her glasses and a change of clothes while adam went to talk to dwayne guy and charlie.

guy germaine

"how is she doing?" i managed to get out. my voice was shaky.

"not too well if i'm honest" adam replied. i nod in response.

"she hates me?" my voice started to break. he shrugged his shoulders.

"i wouldn't say hate. but she is very upset and angry to say the least." charlie stayed silent. he had a regretful look on his face. i tried to hold my tears back but that didn't work.