Prologue

Author: Have a seat darlin'. YOU ARE WELCOME!💕

_____

Disclaimer:

This book is a work of fiction. Resemblance to a person, living or dead, is downright coincidental.

©
All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, be it electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or the like without prior written permission of PORSHFORD.

*Honestly don't waste your time copying okay? CREATE!*

-Now let's get to business my friends, Angela is waiting.

------------------------------------

Angela Fox 🐿️.

My manager had the worst kind of mood swings.

Like, the worst.

Ah, we could be sharing a chuckle on some funny issue and the next minute she's barking at you for laughing too long.

Or she could be blushing and acting all bashful at the compliment you gave her and on a blink, she's glaring at you for over- complimenting.

Liiike?

She was the only employer I knew who will make rules regarding laughter. During working hours she stated and I quote: "You have just five seconds to laugh at anything if you must."

Implying that when something hilarious occurred in the course of working, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick,that's it, laughter ceases. Whatever it is, you must gulp the remnants of your chortle, keep a straight face and get back to work. Well, unless you don't really value the job.

As her PA, I was always walking on eggshells. True, we did get along sometimes and had off business conversations but most at times (the mood swings times) she'd just shut off like that and yell at me left right center even with the threat of firing me.

For what? No reason. I no do anything. She's just mood swingy charged and is taking it on me.

But of late, she rarely got mad at any of us like she used to and as surprising as it may sound, I deduced it must have had something doing with the rumors centering around our city.

That my manager, Hilda Whitney/moodswingschairwoman was going out with the famous Kenny Brown.

Initially, I just brushed it off as the rumor it was until last Monday, she walked in with a wide grin (and let me tell you, my manager rarely bared her teeth.)

Not only did she pull up with a giddy aura but she was also excitedly showing off an enormous diamond ring clasped finger which was evidence of her status with Kenny Brown.

Long story short, the rumors were actually true.

Saying I wasn't stunned by it would be me lying through my teeth. Everyone at BlackBerry city and beyond knew very well of the lifestyle of Kenny Brown,son of the late mayor (his soul RIP) and an active playboy of all times. That guy, I swear, could rank first in the world's top ten playboys.

To be honest, I didn't think someone as committed as my manager will go as far as being in a relationship with a man of such records but hey, our elders said love makes people foolish so I guess...

Ha! Silly me for speaking too fast, assuming now that my manager was all loved up, she would tone down on the mood swings forever.

Friday morning, my coworkers and I were at our usual desks, me organizing Hilda's schedules for today and they doing what they had to do when suddenly our manager burst in with heels clinking wildly against the floor.

Her glare was on full HD and I of course noticed the muscle tick on her jaw. She gave me the Get me my latte look and stormed into her office with a bang. Here we go.

I hurriedly brought the latté to her office and did a double-take, nearly knocking the cup off prior to the sight I was met with.

My manager's hysterically sobbing figure.

Yikes!

Hilda Whitney, my manager of no expression was crying?

Mascara smudged, hair disheveled and face looking like crapped diapers, I couldn't stop my jaw from descending slowly at the sight.

And then I noticed another thing.

Her engagement ring... was gone.