Chapter 10

Chase the bag, not the boy. But you see that golden boy...

----------

Angela Fox 🐿️.

"What?" Henry shrieked from his side, "how are you going to do that? What if you get caught?? It'll be some serious sh-"

"I know, I know, and that's why I'll not get caught,"I announced with the confidence of a white man, "I've got the passcode to his flat already. I don't see why it will be difficult to break into his room."

"Ey, you know his passcode too??"

"Uh-huh,"I nodded eagerly with a simper, "one of his guys did me the honors by failing to mute the sound when punching the digits in and I so grabbed it into memory."

"Okay, excellent, but," Henry paused, still not positive about my newest idea, "how will you locate his cellphone?"

I snorted. "After sneaking into the room, how hard will that be?"

The next five minutes was spent, yakking to Henry about exactly how I planned laying hands on Kenny Brown's phone without his notice.

Extra information I had managed to whisk out of Peter included the time Kenny usually arrived home from work. So I was waiting till he showed up, before taking his clean laundry back. That way, I'd have an excuse in case he caught me sneaking into his abode.

With the level of confidence and bravery basking out of me tho, I didn't think my plan was going to fail at all!

I was still spewing information to Henry when I heard the audible sound of a car honking, followed by the gate been dragged open. The villain had arrived!

"Talk to ya later Hal, my target is in,"I said, stretching myself up from where I had been crouched.

"Alright, talk to ya later. Angie, don't get caught, okay? I'm not looking to replace my crazy ass friend anytime soon."

"More like badass friend,"I corrected with an involuntary smile.

We hang up and I pushed my phone into my pocket, stepping out of the closet.

"Woah, where have you been Elsie! I've been looking for you since afternoon," Greta stepped into the room, running a finger along her forehead then did a double-take.

"What were you doing in the closet?"

"Oh, nothing. Just wanted to grab a sweater but I can't find it,"I bared my teeth in a rectangular grin and walked to the door. "Uh, don't you have no chores to perform?"

She shook her head, moving lackadaisically to our bed after giving me a weird stare.

"I'll go serve after supper's ready. Gotta phone my family members and update them on my welfare."

"Okay..."I dragged. "Will uh, get going then. Have to return some laundry."

Her eyes fell on the laundered clothes I was carrying in the basket, "whose is it?"she gestured with her gaze.

I refrained from telling her it was Kenny's as I didn't have the time to watch her go hormonally gaga.

"Don't know, probabry some stray laundry that had to be done. Okay, I be back,"I dismissed myself with a two-finger salute.

🎭🎭🎭

Time for some cunningness.

I made it to his flat pretty quick for someone who hopped seemingly unending stairs. What can I say? I make very good use of my long legs. I reached Kenny's floor just in time to catch a swift glance of his business suit before it disappeared along with him into his chamber.