𝗢𝗡𝗘

༒

SAN FRANCISCO, 1987 
KINGS DOMINION

Located on the rooftop, better known as the Graveyard, hide away of the kooks, subculture elitists, and the disenfranchised substance of losers. As Billy likes to call it. Sat on a ledge was Persephone, with a lit cigarette in between her fingers as she exhaled a cloud of smoke, her hair blowing behind her in the wind. "I - U-uh Persephone. The monks are looking for you, they say Master Lin wants to see you." A girl spoke hesitantly with fear laced in her voice behind Persephone as she watched her bring her cigarette to her lips.

"Just my luck." Persephone sighed before putting out the cigarette on the stone ledge before swinging her feet around and placing them back on the ground. Licking her lips Persephone eyed the girl who was looking anywhere but at her, "You got some gum?" "Y-yeah, of course. Here." The girl stuttered as she quickly pulled out a pack of gum before handing her a piece. "Thanks." Persephone stated before plopping the gum in her mouth and taking down the halls of Kings Dominion. 

PERSEPHONE

Join a gang they say, it's the only way to survive Kings Dominion they say. But look at me, but then again I'm me. I work best alone, and if my parents ever taught me anything is that bloods thicker than water. Friends are debatable, and if I'm being honest I only have two real ones. Anyways, "You wanted to see me?" I asked as I stepped into Master Lin's office. "Yes. Persephone, I have a job for you." Now you see Master Lin was good friends with my mom before... that's not important right now. "And why couldn't you send your star pupil Saya?" I questioned raising an eyebrow chewing on my gum stepping closer to his desk.

"I find you more suitable," Shocker. "And it's simply a small task." "Well then, lay it on me." I sigh, taking the seat in the chair in front of Master Lin's desk. "In this file is the new recruit." Master Lin started sliding a file in front of me which I picked up and opened. "Mhm, he's cute. What'd he do?" "He burnt down a boy's home he was in, being the only survivor." I listened as I studied the small picture of a boy with chocolate brown curly hair and a scar going down one of his eyes. "Marcus, interesting. So, what do you need from me?"

"Also in that file is his last seen location, find him and bring him back here by any means necessary, alive Persephone. I need him in this school." "Fine, but I want out of hand to hand combat for a week." "Do what's asked of you and we'll see." "A week. I can drag his dead body here myself and you know it." "Don't test me Persephone." "I'm going, I'm going. My baby has been begging me to take her out anyways." I chew on my gum, picking up the file and heading back to my dorm. "This should be fun." I sigh, grabbing my car keys. Making my way out of this shit hole of a school I read more into his file. I see what Lin did here. Send an orphan to fetch an orphan. "Hello beautiful. Miss me?" I sighed, sinking into the driver's seat of my car.

I watched my dad build this car and listened to him say it was mine once I turned sixteen. She was a teal convertible with white interior. I smile as I run my hands along my white fuzzy steering wheel cover, I had the same around my review mirror, gear lever, and handbrake. She is a beauty. Wasn't I- right the task of Marcus Lopez Arguello.

(edited)