𝗦𝗜𝗫

༒

PERSEPHONE

I walked into the girl's bathroom to find Maria having a shit show. "You're gonna get him killed Maria." I spoke as I came up beside her as she was staring at her bottle of pills on the counter.

"Maybe, maybe not. I just can't take it anymore, Persephone. I know I should've listened to you ok. He might be my only way out." Maria spoke looking up at me with tears in her eyes and mascara running down her face.

Everyone would be better off if they listened to me.

"And even if he does he's still dead Maria! What, you think he'd defend your honor or some shit then the two of you will live happily ever after? At the end of the day at least Chico can still take care of your ass." I growled before walking into a stall. I don't know why but this whole thing just pisses me off.

I heard Maria go into a different stall and struggle as she tried to open her bottle of pills. I spit out my gum and pull out a cigarette, I light it before bringing it to my lips. I liked to smoke in the bathrooms sometimes because you'll never believe what people say when they think no one is around.

"Valproate?" Saya, great. I could hear footsteps moving towards the door. "Maria!" "I need to talk to you." Marcus? "Get lost." "Please." It was quiet for a moment before they both stepped into the bathroom.

Now this I gotta hear. "Persephone hates my guts so I doubted she'd listen." "Persephone hates everyone but herself." Not true. I like Topanga. Oh and Petra. She's my favorite mouse. "But Chico? Really? You started shit with Chico."

"He was choking Maria." "Maria. Well good luck with that one psycho." "It's all bullshit! This stupid reputation." Shit. I didn't see that one coming. Being a murder made him hotter. Not that I thought he was hot in the first place. Right because that would be crazy.

"When I was nine my dad and mom, they died right in front of me. Court sent me to a boys home. The place was just a sweatshop. They... they tortured us, they... They- they did a lot of bad shit. I hurt some guards when I bailed, but I- I didn't kill those kids.

.....I want him. But I want him to want me first. "The newspapers, cop?" "They got it all wrong, and that's not the point. I'm not what you think I am. I'm not like you." "Well if it's bullshit, why'd you come here? Why'd you come back with Persephone."

"She said some shit. When I looked at her- I don't know ok." "What? You have feelings for her? She batted her eyelashes and said please and you just went for it. Persephone is only looking out for one person and that's herself."

"You don't know that." "I've known her  for half my life. Whatever she said was to just bait you. It was an assignment. She's not who you think." Just wait Persephone, it's all about patients. Plus I wanna hear what Marcus has to say. "She told me I didn't have to be alone."

"Yeah well, she didn't tell you to go start shit with the cartel now did she." "I didn't know." "Didn't know what? That to tatted up vato was a legitimate killer, and not a theater kid? Do you have any idea where you are?"

"That's why I'm asking for help." "He's gonna kill you." "So what should I do?" "Only thing you can. Run." At that I heard Saya walk out and Marcus let out a loud sigh.

"Could she be any more of a bitch." I spoke, putting out my cigarettes and kicking the stall door open. "Persephone." Marcus breathed as he turned around to face me.

"I gotta say I'm a bit disappointed. And you're lucky it was me that heard you guys and not anyone else." I told him as I walked around him and sat on top of the counter his eyes following me.

"Is she right? Should I run?" Marcus spoke softly, stepping closer towards me. He's gonna hurt you Persephone, or end up leaving. Is he really worth the risk? I grabbed him by his tie and pulled him down towards me.

I guess I've gotta test the waters first. I kissed him, I pulled him by his tie and connected our lips. I felt him hesitate for a second before he kissed me back. I felt his hands drop to my waist as I slipped my tongue into his mouth. I fought for dominance and so did he, but eventually I just let him be in control.

And before I lost it, I pushed him away "You kiss like a virgin. We'll fix that. But she's right, you should run. Even if you possibly did kill Chico you're still dead Marcus. The cartel doesn't play around. And don't ever tell anyone it wasn't you, Marcus, who killed those kids.

I know what it's like to watch your parents die right in front of you, more than you know. When I look at you, I see that scared little boy. The one who's still waiting for mommy and daddy to come back and make everything better. Because then you can stop running, stop hiding, because then... Everything would be perfect aging."

"You don't know-" "I do. Because I've been there, and I got over it. And that's what you need to do. Get over it and become the killer you and I both know that's buried deep inside of you. Because let's face it, you're never gonna get what you want." "And what is it that I want Persephone?" He studied my face, like he was trying to understand me, good luck with that. I mean I get it, my moods change quickly. "You want the girl, the perfect girl. You want someone to anchor to. News flash that's not Saya or Maria. You just had to go do the one thing I told you not to."

"You want the same thing." "Do I now? Go on Marcus, tell me what I want." I asked with an amused look on my face. "You want what everyone wants. You want love. One that consumed you. You want passion, adventure, and hell of a lot of danger." He doesn't know what he's talking about. Don't listen to him.

"This isn't about me," I said in a monotone. "You have three options here. Run, kiss ass, or kill." "What would you do?" "Come on Marcus we shared a saliva. You should know me by now. I'd kill. But you're not me." I sighed hopping off of the counter, "Just know if you do run I'll find you. Either way there's gonna be a show." I shrugged before walking out of the bathroom.

MARCUS

How are you not supposed to fall for the queen of the underworld when she's so alluring. All of this shit is fucking with my head. Saya, Maria, and fuck. Persephone. She's got layers. And if I was staying I would have loved to go through each one of them for her. Or drown trying.