𝗧𝗪𝗢

༒

PERSEPHONE

I didn't sign up to be a fucking theripast, it's already bad enough I had to climb to the top of this fucking tower. I say I burned about 20 calories, but that's besides the point I'm still hot.

But I did all that only to find him about to jump. I remember being here, wanting to jump. I quietly climb onto the ledge. "Hi, Marcus right, don't believe we've met yet." He shockingly jumped back, "Jesus Christ. What the hell?" He gasped looking at me.

"Well, don't let me stop you, I mean nobody tried to stop me. But then again Lin asked me to bring you back alive so, down boy." "Yeah, well Lin is going to be disappointed." He spoke as I grew closer to him, he watched my every move like if I got to close I'd push him off. "You're broken, I can see it in your eyes." I spoke, staring into his eyes as he looked into mine, taking his attention away from jumping.

"You're not so put together yourself." "I know that, I've come to terms with all my broken pieces. But you, I can see it in your eyes. You're still trying to put those pieces together." We were face to face now, I watched as he studied my face, a smirk pulling at my lips as I brushed a piece of hair out of his face.

"Master Lin can protect you from the cops, and once he's done with you you'll be able to protect yourself from anyone or anything, you won't be on my level but you'll be good. Let's be honest, what do you have to lose?" He turned and looked down at the view below us. I could tell he was thinking about what I had just said. "Nothing." He was about to do it, jump. But if he does that's my ass.

"Wait, ok just hear me out ok. There's a reason why Lin sent me instead of one of the others." I sigh, pulling him back from the ledge, I want three weeks for the shit I'm about to do. "I know what it's like to miss the people you were closest to, because the second they were gone, life just completely went to shit. Because when you look at the bigger picture you realise all the stuff they're not gonna be there for. And it makes you feel alone because you know nothings ever gonna bring them back." Lin fucking owes me.

"But if you come with me you won't have to be alone, not anymore." I watched as a few tears fell down his cheeks before he nodded. Where was a me when I needed someone to say those words to me? I interlocked his finger with my own and dragged him off the ledge. I led him out of the tower, our hands still interlocked and as my grip loosened his grew tighter. I wanted to pull away and lord knows I could but something about him was pulling me in.It felt nice stepping on someone else's broken pieces for once. "This is Topanga." I spoke, finally pulling my hand away from his as we reached my car.

"She's beautiful isn't she. You scratch my car and I'll gut you like a fish. Understood?" I glared, "Yeah, totally." Marcus spoke with a bit of fear laced in his voice. "Good." I smiled before going around and hopping in the driver's seat as he climbed into the passengers and starting the engine. "Also, tell anyone about what I said up there, I'll gut you like a fish." I look over at him before pulling off. "Noted."

(edited)