𝗦𝗜𝗫𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡

༒

PERSEPHONE

We had roman candles, which made me pretty bummed because there was no boom. And I wanted a boom. But they're still better than nothing. I lit another one before pointing it up in the air. "If a wiener is called a penis, why isn't a butt called a poopnis?" Billy spoke.

Lex was laughing his ass off as he was so amused by the small firework. "Cause nothing about the English language makes any sense." Marcus answered. "Nothing. You've got  womb, tomb, and then bomb." Lex stated. "It should be uh, a boom. It's literally a thing that goes boom." Billy sighed.  "Bloody fucking right." Lex responded.

"You guys are bloody idiots." I laughed. I was standing beside Marcus in his jean jacket. I was cold and made him give it to me, which he did protest to. Marcus handed me his joint which I brought to lips as he picked up his carton of milk. He was about to drink from but Billy came up and tried to grab it. "No, dude, no." Marcus spoke, pulling back, "Friends don't let friends share dairy."

That didn't stop him though, Billy took the cartoon of milk from Marcus before downing it. "Dude." "Relax." I spoke, throwing my arms around Marcus's neck. "I thought our first date would be more, not at school." "This was a date?" Marcus asked, his face gave off this I fucked up look.

"No Marcus, I'm fucking with you. Relax Marcus. If you want to go out with me all you have to do is ask." I smirked. "I-" "Do you? ...Wanna go out with me?" All or nothing right. "I-" "What the fuck." I spoke pulling away from Marcus as I saw Petra walk out in a hideous bright yellow dress, a blonde wig, and glitter eyeshadow. "Jesus, what happened?" Marcus asked as we all surrounded her.

Petra tossed the wig before speaking. "It's my own fault for being a charlatan, right?" She sniffled as she took the joint from my hand. She definitely needed it more than me. "Oh so I'm the asshole somehow?" Billy spoke but got no response. "Look. we were just messing with you before. It's normal to want to be a part of the normal world, but it's easier when you accept that you don't belong in it." Billy tried to reassure. "

"Stop. I'm not gonna let them rent space in my head. Lesson learned." Petra sniffled before walking around us. "You just needed a reminder of why we don't take part in that mess. You don't need them," Lex spoke as we followed behind her. "They are awful. You're one of ours, love." Lex stated as he went and stood beside her.

"Always will be."

"But you have a right to be angry." Marcus spoke as I rested my head on his arm. "Nothing to be done about it." "Not by yourself." Marcus spoke which I nodded to.

"I thought you two love birds were sitting on the sidelines." Lex spoke looking at the two of us which I flipped him off to. "Yeah I was picking my battles. But there's no point in having friends if you're not gonna stick up for them." "Precisely." "I say let the walls run red." I smirk.