Grandpa and No TV

Happy Birthday Corey Feldman!

The family finally made their way up to the cabin house where they would be living with their grandfather. Stacy loved her grandpa, but she still thought he was a little weird. Michael, who had followed them on his bike, got off, and looked around. Sam was the first one to get out of the car, followed by Stacy, who then put Gracie down on the ground so her cat could explore their new home.

"Come on, Nanook," Sam said to his Alaskan Malamute. Nanook barked, and then got out.

Everywhere they looked there were carvings or dead animals. Stacy knew that their grandpa was into taxidermy, mostly for as a hobby, but seeing so many dead animals made her feel sad. They then saw someone lying down on the porch. When they slowly made their way to the porch, they saw it was Grandpa lying on the ground.

Lucy walked over and knelt down next to him. "Dad? Dad?"

"Looks like he's dead," Michael said.

"No, he's just a deep sleeper." Their mom placed her hand on Grandpa's chest and the other one on his head.

"If he's dead, can we go back to Phoenix?" Sam asked.

Stacy stuck her tongue out and pouted, "Mean."

Lucy sent Sam her warning look.

Their grandpa sat up. "Playing dead," he replied, "And from what I heard, doing a damn good job of it too." He then began laughing.

"Dad. Oh, Dad," Mom said, as they hugged. Sam, Michael and Stacy just looked at each other.

They walked inside carrying some stuff, and took a look around the house as they headed to the kitchen.

"This is a pretty cool place," Michael said.

"Yeah, for the Texas Chain Saw Massacre," Sam said.

"Come on Sam, give Mom a break," Michael told him.

"What's wrong with this picture?" Sam asked. He sat some stuff down. "There's no TV. Have you seen a TV? I haven't seen a TV Mike." He then set Nanook's dog bowl and something else, that he was hauling on his head, down. "You know what it means when there's no TV? No MTV."

"What's the problem?" Stacy asked confused, she only watched TV when there was nothing else to do, and to her it didn't look like that would be a problem with where they moved to.

Sam looked at Stacy, "I gotta have my MTV!"

"Sammy, we're flat broke," Michael said, lifting his weights.

Stacy set her backpack and Gracie's food and water bowls and blanket down on the floor to unzip her backpack and she took out a stuffed fox and hugged it to her. "I'm sorry you had to stay in my backpack for the whole ride here Tod, but Mom says that she didn't want me to lose you on the trip here," she said to her stuffed animal before kissing it. Tod was a 3rd birthday present to Stacy from her dad before the fighting and divorce.

 Tod was a 3rd birthday present to Stacy from her dad before the fighting and divorce