A Mysterious Girl

Sorry for the short chapter. I hope to make the next one longer. Happy Birthday to Alex Winter!

Later that day when it got dark, Sam, Michael and Stacy were at the boardwalk watching a concert, while their mom was out looking for a job. The lead singer was shirtless and had a saxophone, he was singing "I Still Believe." Some people in the crowd were clapping, and nodding their heads to the music, and Stacy was one of those people. The man played his saxophone as he sung.

Michael was watching the concert, but his eyes soon became fascinated by a pretty girl with dark hair, who was with a young boy who looked like he was around Stacy's age

Michael was watching the concert, but his eyes soon became fascinated by a pretty girl with dark hair, who was with a young boy who looked like he was around Stacy's age. Michael then kept staring at the girl, dazzled by her as she was dancing and clapping along to the music.

 Michael then kept staring at the girl, dazzled by her as she was dancing and clapping along to the music

Sam turn to look at the girl, and frowned a little, he turned Michael's head back to the concert. But Michael slowly looked at her again feeling enchanted by her, the girl noticed Michael was staring at her as she was clapping along to the music. She then ran off with the little boy. Michael followed her, pulling Sam and Stacy behind him.

Meanwhile Lucy was out looking around for a job. As she was out looking around the shops she noticed a woman putting up another missing poster. She turned to notice a Help Wanted sign in the window of a video store and decided to give it a try.

But before she walks in, Lucy spots a young boy who is crying and calling out for his mother. "Mom? Mom?" The little boy calls out rubbing his eyes trying to brush away the tears. "I can't find my mom," the boy says but no one seems to be listening to him.

Lucy walks over to him, "What's the matter? Are you lost?" Lucy kneels down to his level.

Meanwhile, the owner of the store watches Lucy with extreme interest and he can't help but smile. Unfortunately, it disappears quickly as the group of boys who had been disruptive on the boardwalk a few days ago enter the video shop and look around, which made the owner's dog growl at them. He watches them for a moment but is interrupted when Lucy walks into the store holding the small boy's hand.

"Let's go in here and ask," Lucy said to the boy, the said to the owner, "Excuse me, I wonder if you could help us

"Let's go in here and ask," Lucy said to the boy, the said to the owner, "Excuse me, I wonder if you could help us. This little boy is lost and we were wondering if his mother might be in her."

"I don't really know," the man said.

A few seconds later a woman rushes into the store. "Terry."

"Oh, how great," Lucy said.

The woman knelt down and hugged her son, "I was so worried. Don't run off."

"There you are," the owner hands the boy a small green lollipop.

"Thanks," the little boy said.

"Bye Terry," Lucy said.

With that the lady leads the boy out of the store. As she does the young men begin flirting with the cashier. "We only come here to watch one thing," said one of the boys.

"Well done," the owner says holding out a red lollipop to Lucy.

"No thanks. Well second thought..." Lucy decides and takes the lollipop.

The store owner spots the group of boys heading to exit the store and frowns at them. "I told you not to come in here anymore," He says sternly. The four boys just smile at him and exit the store without saying a single word.

 The four boys just smile at him and exit the store without saying a single word

The man responds, "Wild kids."

"Oh, they're just young. We were that age too once." She then saw the four boys leave on their motorcycles. "But they dress better. Bye bye," Lucy says with a smile as she puts the lollipop in her mouth.

"You have a generous nature. I like that in a person. My name is Max," the man introduces himself.

"I'm Lucy," she introduces herself.

"This is my dog Thorn," Max introduces his white German Shepherd.

"Hi Thorn," Lucy states with a smile.

"Say hello Thorn," he said to his dog.

"Well how may I help you this evening?" Max clapped his hands together, "We have it all, the best set of video tapes this side of Santa Carla."

"No, actually I'm not looking for a tape," Lucy said, "What I need is...umm."

"A job?" Max asked.

"Is a job," Lucy nods. " Yeah I look that needy huh?"

Meanwhile, Michael is continuing to follow the strange girl dragging Sam and Stacy along.

"So where are we going?" Sam asked.

"Nowhere," Michael answered.

"So what's our rush? You chasing that girl, aren't you? Come on, come on, admit it. You're chasing her. Me and Stacy are at the mercy of your sex glands, bud."

"What are sex glands?" Stacy asked.

"Sam, don't you and Stacy have something better to do than follow me around all night?" Michael asked.

"Mikey you were the one who dragged us away from the concert, so that you could chase after her," Stacy said to her brother. Michael ignored what his sister said.

"Yeah," Sam said, his eyes lighting up. "Actually, I do."

Michael then immediately left them to go find the girl. Sam then walked into a comic book store. Stacy didn't like comic books and was more interested in regular books, but since she couldn't see Michael anymore and her mom always told her to never go off by herself, she followed Sam into the comic book store.