01

It all started with a small slumber party

The six girls gathered around in a circle as high pitched laughters roared through the room. The dimmed lights made it cold for everyone who were present, while the fairy lights hung over their heads flickered.

"Anyways, we have to congratulate Ara for her engagement. Finally." One of the girl started.

They all cheered, clapping their hands with wide smiles one their faces. Jaein's eyes widen in surprised, being the only clueless one in the room.

"Engagement?" She uttered.

"Oh? You haven't heard? Ara's parents arrange her to a marriage. Most people would hate it but she got engaged to the sweetest guy. Lucky her." The red head, Dayoung said, a sly smirk was painted on her face.

Jaein nodded slowly, her lips curved into a small smile, "congratulations Ara,"

"Thank you, Jaein. I think Sungchan and I will make a great couple together." Ara said, giggling in the end.

The mentioned name made Jaein furrowed her eyebrows, her clueless mind became even messier, trying to keep it positive, thinking that she mispronounced the name.

"Sungchan?"

"Yes, Jung Sungchan."

"But he's my boyfriend."

All the girls looked at her weirdly, lips holding back a smile before they looked back to each other, bursting into laughters, making Jaein look like a complete idiot.

"You really think he's into you? Gosh, Jaein. How could you be so dumb."

Ara stated, brushing her caramel hair back, smiling innocently to Jaein who has a confused expression on her face.

"He's only dating you to get close to me, Jaein."

"Yeah and they have been dating for 6 months now." Dayoung continued, leaning forward to the now heartbroken girl beside her.

"It's a shame really." She uttered, tucking back Jaein's raven hair behind her ear to get a better view of her broken expression.

The sight brought joy to the other five girls as they laughed loudly, not caring that their 'friend' was crumbling apart deep inside.

It was a mistake to begin with. Being friends with in the first place.

Her innocent mind was once again manipulated by others for their own good will, leaving her in the dirt, suffering all alone.