Chapter 4

12 ~~INT. AUNT MAY'S HOUSE-NIGHT~~ 12

Y/n, MJ, Harry, and Aunt May are all at Aunt May's house setting up a surprise birthday party for Peter.

They're all rushing around trying to get things done before Peter gets there.

Aunt May and MJ are in the kitchen making some last minute food preparations, and Harry and y/n are putting things on the dining room table.

Harry is setting down bowls of chips and other snacks on the table while y/n is putting paper plates, party hats, and a sign that says 'Happy Birthday' on the table.

Y/N
I wonder when Peter is going to get here.

HARRY
I'm sure it won't be long.

Harry and y/n continue putting things on the dining room table.

Aunt May comes out of the kitchen.

AUNT MAY
I want to thank you all for helping me with Peter's birthday party. It's been hard doing things myself for the past couple of years now.

MARY JANE
Oh, don't mention it, Aunt May.

Y/N
Yeah, we're happy to help.

MJ, y/n, and Harry all finish what they were doing.

HARRY
Yeah. Peter means as much to us as he does to you.

AUNT MAY
You all are so lovely. How lucky for Peter to have gotten such wonderful friends.

Everyone smiles.

The sound of a scooter outside can suddenly be heard.

AUNT MAY
Oh, that must be Peter. Alright, everyone. Remember to say surprise when he walks through the door.

Aunt May walks over to the front of the house and stands a little bit away from the front door, Harry walks over to the other side of the dining room table and sits down at the chair that's placed there, MJ walks over to the right side of Harry and stands there, and y/n walks over to the other side of the dining room table and stands next to Harry on the other side.

A few seconds later, Peter comes in.

He shuts the front door behind him.

He is wearing a helmet and a backpack.

He unlatches the helmet, takes it off, and places it on a table in front of the front door.

He takes off his backpack and places it on the table as well.

He then starts unbuttoning the vest he's wearing.

MJ & AUNT MAY
Surprise!

Harry and y/n both blow into party horns as Peter just stands there and doesn't say anything.

AUNT MAY
Well, say something.

Peter resumes taking off his vest and places it on the same table.

PETER
Uh, what's the occasion?

Y/n snickers.

Peter starts walking closer to Aunt May.

Harry gets out of the chair and walks closer to Aunt May and Peter, along with MJ and y/n.

AUNT MAY
Oh, really, Peter. It's your birthday!

Aunt May places her hands on the sides of Peter's face.

AUNT MAY
Whether you want to remember it or not.

She kisses both sides of his face and chuckles.

MARY JANE
He lives in another reality. Don't you, Pete?