Chapter 9

21 ~~EXT. TOP OF BUILDING~~ 21

Y/n lets go of him as they both take off their masks.

Y/N
Geez. Well, I guess I can say I've finally met Octavius too.

Peter doesn't say anything.

He just stares at the street below.

He then sighs and turns around.

PETER
I don't know what happened. I just talked to him a few days ago. He was completely fine! Completely normal! He was even a nice guy. Gave me some good advice.

Y/N
Maybe it was a ruse?

PETER
No. It wasn't acting. He was being genuine.

Peter sighs again.

Peter's eyes then go big.

PETER
The inhibitor chip. It must've short circuited when he got electrocuted.

Y/N
I'm sorry, what?

PETER
I was at an event a couple of days ago where he was unveiling his nuclear fusion machine. That was when he attached those arms to his body. He said they were advanced technology and only worked due to his brain. So, he had an inhibitor chip created that would protect his brain from being controlled by those arms. But then the machine got too powerful. It lashed out and electrocuted him. Causing the inhibitor chip to short circuit. And now making him vulnerable to those things. That's why he's stole that money and that's why he's acting like a villain now.

Y/N
That's a lot to take in, Peter. I didn't even know you went to some nuclear fusion unveiling event. How come you didn't ask me to go?

PETER
Oh. I don't know. I didn't think about it, I guess.

Y/N
You thought about asking me to go with you to the bank, but not to some important science event? I mean, I like science. And maybe I could've helped to prevent all this.

PETER
Well, it's not like I sat back and watched the unveiling turn into a disaster. I'm the one who pulled the plug on the machine! And I figured Harry had already told you about it. Since you're so close to him and all that.

Y/N
Harry doesn't tell me anything. He just broods all day long, all the time. Ever since that night, he hasn't been the same. You know that, and I know that. I just wish...

PETER
I know. Me too. But there's nothing we can do about it now. And we can't tell him the truth. You remember what Harry's father said. We can at least carry out his last dying wish.

Y/N
I know, but it makes life so difficult.

PETER
Yeah, it really does. But I'm sorry that I didn't ask you to come with me. To the unveiling and to meet Octavius.

Y/n sighs.

Y/N
It's alright. I'm sorry I lashed out at you. Life's just really hard right now, you know?

PETER
Yeah. I hear ya. How about I make it up to you?

Y/N
What do you mean?

PETER
For not inviting you. Come with me to the planetarium party tonight. It's at 8.

Y/N
Oh. A party? It's not gonna be a fancy party, is it?

PETER
Yeah. It's for Mr. Jameson's son.

Y/N
Oh.

PETER
I have to take pictures there. This gig actually helped me from getting fired from the Daily Bugle.

Y/N
You almost got fired?

PETER
I did get fired, but then he unfired me so I could take pictures at this party tonight.

Y/N
Wow.

PETER
Yeah. It would really be great if you could go. It would be nice seeing a familiar face since I don't think there will be anyone there I know. And I like when you're around.

Y/n starts blushing and a wide grin grows on her face.

Y/N
Alright Parker, you can stop now. I'll go.

PETER
Alright. I'll see you tonight then.

Y/N
See ya tonight.

Peter puts his mask back on and begins swinging away.

Y/n then puts her mask back on and begins jumping from building to building back to her apartment.