01. King's Cross Station

It was late August of 1975. In a beautiful French townhouse, kilometers outside of Marseille lived a magical family of 7. The descendants of the Genet's. Four graceful young women lived in this enchanting house, raised by two powerful wizards. They all were brilliant prefects at Beauxbatons, as were many of the Genet's before them. The fifth daughter, the youngest, Ariene, did not fit into any of the previous descriptions.

"Mum, don't do this to me. Please." Ariene begged. Her mother was furiously packing Ariene's lovely clothes into a dusty trunk.
"Ariene don't you say another word. Your father and I made this decision. You are lucky you even got in." Ariene made a loud huff at that. Her mother gave her a stern look. "I'm leaving. Pack your things yourself." She said, walking out of the room. She slammed the door behind her. Great. Ariene rolled her eyes and walked over to her record player. She put her recent favorite on. 'It's Only Rock And Roll' filled her room. She used a quick charm to get the rest of her things into her trunk. Her parents were going to send her to Hogwarts, fine. At least she had The Rolling Stones to cheer her up a little bit.
"TURN YOUR DAMN MUSIC OFF!" Her mum yelled from downstairs.

***

Ariene's mother didn't bother coming into the Kings Cross Station. That's what Ariene got for being the shame of the Genet family. She got abandoned at a foreign train station in a foreign country with foreign people. She sighed and got a pair of Prada sunglasses out of her Hermès purse. Name brands were important to her, muggle or not. She walked up to what seemed like a nice man to ask for directions.
"Sir, excuse me?" She asked.
"It's pardon." He spat rudely without stopping to look at her. She exhaled in exasperation. Dick. She spotted a friendly-looking lady.
"Pardon, Miss?" She asked.
"Yes?" The woman said stopping. Ariene sighed with relief.
"Do you know where platform 9 3/4 happens to be? I'm trying to get to the Hogwarts express?" She asked. The woman just laughed and walked away. Ariene frowned and suddenly felt an arm pull her backward.

"Hey!" She exclaimed. She turned to see a tall tan boy about her age with glasses, hazel eyes, and curly hair.
"Love, you can't just go asking muggles where 9 3/4 is." He said, grinning. He had a nice, proper accent. Not like her trashy French language.
"Okay well, I didn't know that," Ariene said embarrassed and annoyed.
"Would you like me to show you perhaps?" He asked.
"Yes, that would be nice." Ariene rolled her eyes.
"Okay then. These are your bags?" The boy said pointing to her cart. She nodded. He pushed them to the left.

"So you are obviously new, what's your name?" He asked.
"Ariene." She replied. He smiled again.
"I'm James. It's nice to meet you. So you're going to Hogwarts then?" He asked.
"Sadly, yes." She said. He furrowed his brow.
"Which year are you going into?" He asked.
"Fifth year." She replied. She didn't really feel like talking to this boy. To "James". She never had many interactions with boys, what with having four older sisters and attending an all-girls school.
"I'm fifth year as well. So you are just a transfer?" He asked. She mentally sighed.
"Yes." She said.
"From where?"
"Beauxbatons." She said.
"I thought so, with your accent, and your act," he said.
"Excuse me?" She said infuriated. He ignored her and stopped walking.
"Why are we stopping?" She said.
"We're here! Just walk through that wall." James said. She rolled her eyes and took off her glasses.
"Look. I know how you 'Ogwarts kids are. I'm not falling for any pranks or hazing. Comprendre?" She said. The boy chuckled and ran through the wall. No. Is this how these little Hogwarts kids get to their school?

She grabbed her cart and ran straight for the wall. Sure enough, she went through it, and right into-
"Ah! Bloody hell!" James said. Ariene immediately stopped.
"I'm so sorry are you okay?" She said
"I will be," He said, standing up. He clutched his stomach still.

"Oi! Nice one, James!" A voice yelled across the crowd.
"You bloody wanker!" James yelled back. A boy with light brown eyes and curly brown hair emerged from the hustle and bustle. When he came into view Ariene gasped. He had a large scar from the corner of his left eye to the end of his right cheek. He had a cheeky grin on his face and was very attractive other than the massive scar, Ariene noticed.
"All aboard!" The conductor called. Just in time, Ariene thought. She put her sunglasses back on and picked up her trunk.
"Here, I got that," James said, smiling. He pushed his glasses back up and picked the trunk up.
"So chivalrous!" The curly-haired boy said. Ariene grinned at the comment.

James put her trunk above the cabin they were in. The curly-haired boy followed him in after. Ariene sat down in the cabin and James sat across from her.
"Ariene, this is Remus." He said gesturing to Scarface over there.
"Hey," Remus said, putting his trunk above as well.
"Nice to meet you," Ariene said.
The cabin door slid open again. A smaller pudgy blonde boy sat down without saying anything.
"Peter! Where were you?" James asked the blonde boy.
"Looking for you!" Peter said.
"I was helping Ariene over there!" James said. Ariene gave a small wave. She really didn't want to be there. Her mum insisted "give Hogwarts a chance, make some friends," and Ariene was determined to prove her wrong.
The door slid open once more.

"Hello, gentlemen! Miss me?"