07. Secrets

September 20

It was a very nice morning. Ariene had slept great, James had not snored, and they were looking forward to a calm weekend. Ariene turned on her side when she woke up, to see Peter, James and Sirius creeping out the door.

"Oi!" Ariene said, sitting up. James winced and turned around.

"Morning," Sirius said, nervously.

"Where are you going?" Ariene asked. James looked at the other two and they exchanged nervous looks.

"We-" Sirius started.

"Well?" Ariene said.

"We're going to visit Moon- Remus." James said. Ariene frowned.

"Remus? What- where is Remus?" Ariene asked, looking around.

"The infirmary," Peter said. Sirius kicked him.

"Well I'm coming as well." Ariene said, getting up.

"No- don't." Sirius said. Ariene rolled her eyes. She went into the bathroom to change.

"What do we do? Should we just go?" Sirius said, muffled. His voice carried through the walls.

"No, can't do that. I think we might just have to take her there." James said. Ariene was too stubborn to listen to them. They have strategically excluded her from all of their activities. Fifth marauder my ass. Ariene thought to herself. She changed into a pair of baggy jeans and a Bowie shirt. She loved muggle clothes, despite the disapproving comments she gets from her parents.

"I'm ready. Let's go." She said, putting her curly hair up with a claw clip.

***

They walked into the infirmary and quickly walked to a bed. Remus was asleep there, looking very peaceful.

"Wait, he really doesn't look sick. In fact, what is wrong with him at all?" Ariene asked. The boys shifted glances again.

"Is it- is it a men's problem?" Ariene asked quietly, leaning in. They burst out laughing, and laughed harder when they tried to stifle it.

"Oi, whatcha laughing 'bout?" Remus said, in a trashy accent. They looked at him, embarrassed that they woke him up.

"Nothing, just Ariene's thickness." Sirius said. Madam Pomfrey came over to them.

"You boys, always waking him up," Madam Pomfrey tutted.

"Good morning," Ariene said to her. She turned from Remus, surprised.

"Oh, hello Ariene," She said. Ariene had come to her for help with headaches and cramps earlier.

"Remus, are you okay?" James asked in a very comforting tone. Remus nodded and smiled faintly. Ariene smiled back.

***

"So what happened to Remus?" Ariene asked when they left the infirmary.

"Er, headaches. He's just been feeling out of it recently." Sirius said. Ariene rolled her eyes. He was lying.

"Whatever. I'm going out for a smoke." She said.