22. The Meeting

April 23rd

Ariene was putting her makeup on in her dorm, getting ready for her meeting with McGonagall. She searched through her makeup pouch for her eyeliner but found nothing.

"Siri-us," Ariene groaned.

"Yeah?" He asked, walking out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Where the hell is my eyeliner?" Ariene got up and went to his trunk.

"Wait, I got it," Sirius said. He bent to his trunk and picked it up.

"Cheers," Ariene said. Sirius chuckled.

"A proper Brit, now," He said. Ariene raised an eyebrow.

"Tu aimerais ça, n'est-ce pas?" Her mouth turned up at the corners.

"Va te faire foutre," Sirius said. Ariene snickered and threw up two fingers, making Sirius gasp. "You really are British, now!"

"Cause I've been hanging with you lot," Ariene said, sitting back down to line her eyes. Sirius shook his head and went to get changed. Ariene was already dressed. Lessons were canceled for today because of the meetings. Ariene still didn't know how hers would go. She knew that the Marauders were all going to fight in the war. She supposed she could as well. Ariene truly had no clue what would happen after Hogwarts. She was supposed to graduate from Beauxbatons and then get married off to some french pure-blood wizard that her parents introduced twenty days before the wedding, and she would spend the rest of her life having perfect daughters and being the perfect wife. She wouldn't be graduating from Beauxbatons, and she knew damn well that she would never marry a french boy, and children had never appealed to her in the slightest.

"Okay, ready to go?" Ariene turned to face Sirius, who looked particularly beautiful that day, with wet black hair combed back and a neat blazer on.

"Let's go."

***

Ariene knocked at McGonagall's door.

"Enter," Ariene took a deep breath and pushed the door open. McGonagall looked up and removed her reading glasses.

"Hello, Professor," Ariene said, sitting in the chair opposite McGonagall.

"Ariene. Wonderful to see you." She said. Ariene politely smiled. "Dumbledore will be here soon," Ariene blinked.

"Dumbledore?" Ariene heard Sirius talk about his meeting, and he said nothing about Dumbledore showing up.

"Yes, he just wanted to be here for your meeting. Are you ready for exams?" McGonagall asked, waving it off. Ariene shifted in her seat.

"Yes. I'm mostly nervous about Herbology. I don't particularly like the subject." Ariene said.

"I don't either. I can never seem to grow anything." McGonagall said. "Although, I wouldn't be nervous. You are a very skilled witch and a studious girl. I have no doubt that you will get through them cleanly. Now," McGonagall cleared her throat.

"Yes?"

"You are a joy to have in my transfiguration class, and I have heard similar things from other professors, and you excel in Astronomy, Defense Against the Dark Arts, and Charms, among your other classes. You are already very talented in wandless magic, and you help out with Remus's group of students, correct?"

"Occasionally," Ariene said. She turned around as the door opened. Dumbledore walked into the office.

"Afternoon, Minerva," He said. He walked over to the chair across from Ariene. "Hello, Ariene,"