11. Queer Eye

Noah walked into the garage just in time to see the delectable Porsche rear to life around the corner, screeching its tyres against the asphalt. He walked over to Jason, who was oddly just standing in the middle of the garage, staring off at the spot where the car just left. Noah could practically see the drool at the corner of Jason's mouth as he watched the delectable car disappearing from sight.

"Hey," Noah said, which caused Jason to spin around, shocking him out of his daze.

"Hey," Jason responded sheepishly, rubbing his hand through his hair.

"You look warm out here," said Noah pointing to Jason's flushed cheeks and lack of shirt. "Want to get back in the air conditioning? I can clean up here."

Jason picked up his discarded shirt from the floor and slipped it on over his head. "Um yeah, I'll go and get cleaned up."

As he was walking away, Noah reached out, grabbing him by the arm to halt him in place. "Is everything alright?" he asked with concern. There was something off about him that Noah couldn't quite put his fingers on.

Jason turned, taking a look at Noah before letting out a loud sigh. "It's Tyrus."

"So it's Tyrus now." Noah's grin slowly crossed his face, and in the end, it was almost as wide as a Cheshire cat that it even caused a slight smile to tug on Jason's lips. "What happened to Mr Knight," he continued playfully.

"Shut up," said Jason, playfully slapping Noah on the arm. Jason took a step back, folding his arms across his chest. "He asked me out," he continued, his voice showing no emotion of excitement or happiness, merely remaining low and flat.

"So why aren't you jumping up and down and screaming like a schoolgirl? You've had a crush on him for months," asked Noah.

"I said no."

"You what? But why?" Noah furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. He could tell Jason liked the man. It was hard not to when Jason practically beamed every time Tyrus rocked up.

Jason stood there, leaning against the edge of the mechanics bench as he looked out the garage door, away from Noah's curious stare.

"I just..." started Jason before pausing and rubbing his eyes in frustration.

"What's holding you back?" queried Noah. "You should do something for yourself for once. You're always looking after Riley and me, but when was the last time you did something for yourself?"

"I just don't have time to be dating right now," said Jason.

Noah was starting to get frustrated with Jason and let out a grunt of annoyance. "Come on, Jason, just tell me what's really holding you back?"

"God, Noah! Just drop it already," said Jason, turning away from Noah and heading to the side door that led into the office.

Noah followed closely behind, not wanting to drop the subject. He could tell there was something more on Jason's mind. He never did anything for himself, and the one time something comes along that he clearly really wants, he turns away from it.

"I just don't get it. It's clear as day that you like him. You deserve to be happy, Jason."

"And that's where you're wrong," retorted Jason, not bothering to turn around as he slammed the door open and entered into the cool air conditioning of the office.

Noah followed, catching the door before it closed as he entered behind Jason, who was rummaging through the mini-fridge, pulling out a beer bottle. He quickly popped off the cap and took his first cool sip, calming him down slightly from the conversation, which had gotten a bit more heated than initially planned.