another day, another pain in the ass - 001

october 30th, 1984:

"sweet dreams are made of these..."

my eyes shot open. i didn't move any part of my body, except my right arm, and hit the snooze button on the alarm clock.

"who am i to disagree..."

i hit the button again, and quickly picked up the clock.

it wasn't the usual time i wake up.

6:00.

funny, i always wake up at 6:15.

i looked to who was next to my nightstand, it was my younger brother.

"why are you in here?" i groaned.

"because i can be." he sassed.

"levi, get out. now." i slammed my head back face-down into my pillow.

he giggled after i ordered him out.

"ugh!" i screamed, and got out of bed and chased him downstairs.

levi was giggling all the way through the house.

i chased him into the kitchen, while my mom was in the kitchen washing dishes.

she saw levi speed past her.

"woah woah hey!" my mom yelled as she grabbed a hold of me to stop chasing my brother. "what's going on?"

"levi woke me up earlier than i should've! i still had fifteen more minutes to sleep!" i yelled.

"levi, apologize to your sister."

"i'm sorry kat." he said.

i rolled my eyes, and went upstairs to get ready for school. i grabbed my backpack, and put all of my essentials in it: my notebook, my walkman, some snacks, and my pack of big league chew. i threw on my beat-up jean jacket, grabbed my skateboard, and ran downstairs. i also grabbed an extra snack without my mom looking, and stepped outside of my house. i turned my walkman on, and started skating to hawkins high school. once i arrived, the same old shit was happening: couples making out in the parking lot, freshman getting bullied, and the theater kids warming up their annoying voices, yada yada yada...

i took mental notes, on how NOT to be like:

1. theater: never get into that.

2. popular: why would you be like that? what's so great about attention?

3. the new kid:

wait, what?

there was a new car in the parking lot, meaning there was a new kid at school.

he got out of his car, and so did, who looked to be, his younger sister. the boy wore skinny jeans, and had thin, but curly dirty hair. he then took a puff of his cigarette. the new kid said something to the girl, and she rolled eyes and skated toward the middle school. the boy starting staring at me, almost like he was checking me out.

a few parking spots over, in the maroon bmw, came out nancy wheeler and steve harrington.

nancy wheeler was the biggest prissy girl, like ever.

we used to be good friends when we were in elementary school, but things changed when i met my best friend, krista, in middle school.

nancy got jealous, and she moved on and became sort of friends with jonathan byers.

i was friends with jonathan, but not really close.

steve harrington, on the other hand... that boy is so fucked up. he's "the king of hawkins high school." steve is very selfish, he only thinks about himself, and he has the most stupid hair.