adventures in babysitting - 003

steve offered to drive me to school. but first, i had to go home and get dressed.

once we pulled up to my house, he dropped me off, and steve parked down the street, so my mom couldn't see his car in front of the house.

i went through the back door, and thank god nobody was there. i ran upstairs to my room to change my clothes, and i grabbed my skateboard. i skated down the street back to steve's car.

"did you get caught?"

"nope. thank god." i laughed.

steve blasted the radio, and we were off to school. once we got there, i got out of the car, and i got looks.

i glanced at steve, and he shut the car door. "everyone is staring." i whispered to him.

steve walked next to me, and put his sunglasses on. "i'm not that guy, and besides it's something different." he smirked. "i'm breaking all of the rules anyway," then he cleared his throat. "... since i'm going to hell." steve then put his arm around me, and we walked into school like that.

my cheeks turned red.

"after school, i can't drive you home. i have basketball practice."

he took his arm back.

i stood in front of him. "it's fine, i have to go to work anyway." i mentioned.

"i'll see you later, i guess." he said.

"alright, um, yea. i'll see you later." i said.

steve turned around, threw his hands in his jeans, and walked the other way.

i was watching how he was acting around other people.

after last night, he definitely changed.

★。/|\。★
☆。*。☆。

school had gone by, and i, like normal, skated to the police station. i changed my clothes, and i sat at my small desk, in the back corner of the room. i literally just sit there for 4 hours, and not do anything. well, i sit there and do my homework until i get a call for hopper.

flo usually gets the emergency calls, i get the business ones for hopper.

the time was now 6:15, and it was time for me to get off.

i ran past flo's desk.

"bye kat." she said, not taking her eyes off of the computer screen.

"see ya!" i yelled, opening the door. i skated home, and got there at exactly 6:37. i opened my front door, and my mom was setting our nice dishes out, along with nice napkins.

"woah, is the president coming for dinner or something?" i joked.

my mom chuckled while setting a napkin down. "no, my friend from work is coming over for dinner with her husband and son!"

the word "son" made me mentally throw up. "oh cool. um, who?" i asked.

"my friend diana, and her husband john. i think they have a son your age."